Machine learning tool for regression.
mltool is a simple Learning to Rank tool to build a regression tree based ranking model. Currently mltool supports simple CART and Random Forest. The implementation is strongly inspired by rt-rank, but it lacks the support of Gradient Boosting Regression Trees.
Despite rt-rank, mltool provides:
- A parameter to set the seed for the random number generator to make the training deterministic
- Serializable model
- Show feature information gain statistics at the end of the training
- Can be used as an API
Some highlights compared to other Random Forest implemented for Python:
- The implementation of the Random Forest makes use of numpy and it is quite optimized
- Parallel Random Forest training
Install from PyPI using pip:
$ pip install mltool
Now you can run mltool:
$ mltool -h
- add support for Stochastic Gradient Boosting Regression Trees
- add support for simple regression and/or classification (i.e. not just focus on ranking)