A collection of client side patterns for faster and easier web development
The Goals of Mockup
- Standardize configuration of patterns implemented in js to use HTML data attributes, so they can be developed without running a backend server.
- Use modern AMD approach to declaring dependencies on other js libs.
- Full unit testing of js
Install & Run Tests
Install Node version 0.10 or greater
Maybe use your package manager:
$ apt-get install phantomjs
Now git clone & build Mockup:
$ git clone https://github.com/plone/mockup.git $ cd mockup $ make bootstrap
Run tests with PhantomJS:
$ make test
Run tests with Chrome:
$ make test-dev
Generate widgets.pot file in the working directory for Plone translations:
$ make i18n-dump
If you are currently in the buildout.coredev/src/mockup folder and want to update the translations in plone.app.locales, first go back in the buildout.coredev folder, copy widgets.pot in the plone.app.locales package and resync the po files like this:
$ cd ../.. $ cp src/mockup/widgets.pot src/plone.app.locales/plone/app/locales/locales/widgets.pot $ bin/buildout -c experimental/i18n.cfg # to have the bin/i18n command $ bin/i18n widgets
If you did some changes in the js files and want to test them live in Plone:
- go to Site Setup -> Resource Registries
- click on the “Development Mode (only logged in users)” checkbox
- click the “Save” button
- refresh your page (folder contents for example)
To test a translation, for example French:
- edit the po file src/plone.app.locales/plone/app/locales/locales/fr/LC_MESSAGES/widgets.po
- restart your instance to rebuild the mo file from the po file
- purge your localStorage and refresh the page to trigger a new download of the translations
The translations are handled by mockup/js/i18n.js that calls the plonejsi18n view defined in plone.app.content to generate a json of the translations from the mo file. The plonejsi18n view is called one time for a given domain and language and the result is cached in localStorage for 24 hours. The only way to test the new translations is to restart the instance to update the mo file from the po file, and then to purge the localStorage to trigger a new download of the translations.
The BSD 3-Clause License. Copyrights hold the Plone Foundation. See LICENSE.rst for details.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
Hashes for mockup-4.0.2-py2.py3-none-any.whl