Python utilities for the GFDL's numerical model MOM
This is a collection of Python utilities for the MOM, a numerical model developed by GFDL/NOAA
Support and Documentation
Quick howto use
pip install mom-utils
The input.nml do not require any order, so it is usually not fun to compare two different input.nml. This command is different then a regular diff, since it doesn’t care about the order of the variables. The output show what is different, or what is defined in only one of the files.
mom_namelist compare input.nml input2.nml
Inside python, one can read an input.nml setup, change one parameter, and write into another input2.nml like this:
nml_text = open(‘input.nml’, ‘r’).read()
cfg = mom_utils.nml_decode(nml_text)
cfg[‘ocean_model_nml’][‘dt_ocean’] = 7200
output = open(‘input2.nml’, ‘w’)
Some namelists/parameters changed or disapear between MOM4 and MOM5. The task “check” evaluates if all namelists/parameters in the input.nml are declared in the code.
mom_namelist check –momsrc=mom/src myexperiments/exp1/input.nml
Task 4to5 converts a namelist for MOM4 to a namelist for MOM5
mom_namelist 4to5 input.nml > ./input.nml.new
mom-utils is offered under the PSFL.
- Temporary solution to allow to handle input.nml for CM, which store some lists as parameters values.
- mom4_namelist renamed to mom_namelist.
- New task “check” for mom_namelist.
- mom4_namelist: An application to parse and manipulate the input.nml
- Including some documentation
- First release was some point at 2011, I’m not sure when.