Monitoring agent for gathering metrics and sending them to the Monasca API.
<!– Change things from this point on –>
<!– START doctoc generated TOC please keep comment here to allow auto update –> <!– DON’T EDIT THIS SECTION, INSTEAD RE-RUN doctoc TO UPDATE –> Table of Contents
- [Detailed Documentation](#detailed-documentation)
<!– END doctoc generated TOC please keep comment here to allow auto update –>
# Introduction The Monasca Agent is a modern Python monitoring agent for gathering metrics and sending them to the Monasca API. The Agent supports collecting metrics from a variety of sources as follows:
- System metrics such as cpu and memory utilization.
- Nagios plugins. The Monasca Agent can run Nagios plugins and send the status code returned by the plugin as a metric to the Monasca API.
- Statsd. The Monasca Agent supports an integrated Statsd daemon which can be used by applications via a statsd client library.
- Host alive. The Monasca Agent can perform active checks on a host to determine if it is alive using ping (ICMP) or SSH.
- Process checks. The Monasca Agent can check a process and return several metrics on the process such as number of instances, memory, io and threads.
- Http Endpoint checks. The Monasca Agent can perform active checks on http endpoints by sending an HTTP request to an API.
- Service checks. The Agent can check service such as MySQL, RabbitMQ, and many more.
- OpenStack metrics. The agent can perform checks on OpenStack processes.
- The Agent can automatically detect and setup checks on certain processes and resources.
The Agent is extensible through configuration of additional plugins, written in Python.
# Detailed Documentation
For an introduction to the Monasca Agent, including a complete list of the metrics that the Agent supports, see the “Agent” detailed documentation.
The Agent is extensible through configuration of additional check and setup plugins, written in Python. See the “Agent Customizations” detailed documentation.
Agent Customizations [github.com/openstack/monasca-agent/docs/Customizations.md](https://github.com/openstack/monasca-agent/blob/master/docs/Customizations.md)
Monasca Metrics [github.com/openstack/monasca-agent/docs/MonascaMetrics.md](https://github.com/openstack/monasca-agent/blob/master/docs/MonascaMetrics.md)
Agent Plugin details [github.com/openstack/monasca-agent/docs/Plugins.md](https://github.com/openstack/monasca-agent/blob/master/docs/Plugins.md)
# License (C) Copyright 2015 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Development Company LP
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|monasca_agent-2.7.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl (3.4 MB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||py2.py3||Apr 20, 2018|
|monasca-agent-2.7.0.tar.gz (3.7 MB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None||Apr 20, 2018|