Populates bot accounts with comments.
The monobot package for Python is a tool for Reddit API development that creates sample comments to use with testing other Reddit bots.
pip install monobot will install the package and console tool.
Alternatively, after cloning the repository, use the following command:
python setup.py install
After installation, the bot can be started with the `monobot` console command. A sample configuration file can be found in the repository, this README, and it will be displayed if the bot is run without a config file specified.
--- oauth: id: clientid secret: clientsecret uri: redirecturi token: refreshtoken credentials: username: username password: hunter2 bot: verbose: true thread: link_to_reddit_thread delay: 2 limit: 2500 ...
- oauth - Add this section to use OAuth2. It is recommended that it is used, as credentialed logins will be deprecated in the future. If used, omit the credentials section.
- id - Client ID
- secret - Client Secret
- uri - Redirect URI, needs to match the one from the app settings page on reddit.
- credentials - Add this section to use an account’s username and password for API access. If used, omit the oauth section.
- username - Reddit account username
- password - Account password
- verbose - If true, print more verbose progress information
- thread - Link to the thread to use for commenting
- delay - Delay, in seconds, between each new comment
- limit - When this number of comments have been made, the bot will terminate. If omitted, the bot will continue forever
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|monobot-1.1.2-py2-none-any.whl (6.9 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||2.7||Aug 23, 2016|
|monobot-1.1.2.tar.gz (4.3 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None||Aug 23, 2016|