Tool for managing 10micron mounts
Welcome to MountWizzard4 is a utility for 10micron users for improving the workflow for astronomy work and imaging runs on Windows, OSx and Linux (Ubuntu 18.04 and 20.04 tested). As a python application, it should run in all environments supporting python 3.7-3.9 and PyQt5 as a GUI framework.
Please check these pages for some hints to your installation: https://mountwizzard4.readthedocs.io/en/latest/overview.html
For being fully operational, MW4 needs either:
- INDI server(s) (see: https://indilib.org) where your devices are connected to.
- INDIGO server(s) (see: http://www.indigo-astronomy.org) where your devices are connected to.
- ASCOM Alpaca remote server (see: https://ascom-standards.org/FAQs/Index.htm) abstracting your ASCOM devices or devices which speak native ASCOM Alpaca if you want to connect over IP with your environment.
- For the core devices there is native ASCOM support (Windows platform only). Please be reminded, that ASCOM has 32bit and 64bit driver implementations and MW4 could also be installed in 32bit or 64 bit python environment. They could be not be mixed! 32bit python supports only 32bit drivers and vice versa . Normally this should not be an issue…
- In addition an internet connection is used for some services which might be very helpful.
It is recommended to use mount firmware 2.16 (ideally 2.16.11) or later as some of the functions don’t work with older firmware versions. It should not be a problem using older versions. A HW pre2012 might also have some issues.
There is an online documentation available for MW4 which could be searched for entries:
Installing procedures: https://mountwizzard4.readthedocs.io/en/latest/install/index.html
And there are some videos available for explanation in Youtube channel:
Feedback discussions and issue reports
Please report your issues: https://github.com/mworion/MountWizzard4/issues. Please have a good description (maybe a screenshot if it‘s related to GUI) and add the log file(s) to the issue. Any feedback welcome!
Please feel free to start any discussion: https://github.com/mworion/MountWizzard4/discussions
MountWizzard4 is ‘always’ in development. The use this software is at your own risk! No responsibility for damages to your mount or other equipment or your environment, please take care yourself!
Hope this tool makes fun and helps for your hobby,
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size mountwizzard4-2.0.3.tar.gz (11.3 MB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|