Using Mozilla Location services, log location vs. time using WiFi or convert to KML.
[![Distribution format (PyPI)](https://img.shields.io/pypi/format/mozilla-location-python.svg)](https://pypi.python.org/pypi/mozilla-location-python)
# mozilla-location-python Uses nmcli on Linux in a short, simple Mozilla Location Services with Wifi from Python. Goal was to be as simple as possible.
Note that a similar service with better accuracy is available from [Google](https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/geolocation/intro). Let us know if you’re interested.
## Install `sh python -m pip install -e . `
### prereqs Linux system with NetworkManager (e.g. Ubuntu, Raspberry Pi, etc.).
## Usage `sh ./MozLoc.py `
Returns dict() containing lat lng accuracy N BSSIDs heard. In urban areas, accuracy ~ 5 - 100 meters.
### convert to KML You can display your logged data in Google Earth or other KML value after converting by
./csv2kml.py in.log out.kml
pip install simplekml
Note that your time MUST be in ISO 8601 format or some KML reading programs such as Google Earth will just show a blank file. E.g.
## Contributing Pull request if you have another favorite approach. Would like to add Bluetooth, should be simple.
- [Inspired by](https://github.com/flyinva/mozlosh)
- [Alternative using Skyhook and geoclue](https://github.com/scivision/python-geoclue)
- [Raspberry Pi NetworkManager](https://raspberrypi.stackexchange.com/a/73816)
### Raspberry Pi 3 Debian comes without NetworkManager by default. Be careful as you lose Wifi password etc. by this procedure
- Install network manager and remove the old `sh apt install network-manager apt purge dhcpcd5 ` reboot
- upon reboot, try `sh nmcli dev wifi list ` you should see several wifi access points and signal.
- try the MLS geolocation program above.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|mozilla_location_python-0.5.1-py3-none-any.whl (6.6 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||py3||May 8, 2018|
|mozilla-location-python-0.5.1.tar.gz (4.3 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None||May 8, 2018|