Using Mozilla Location services, log location vs. time using WiFi or convert to KML.
# mozilla-location-python Uses nmcli on Linux in a short, simple Mozilla Location Services with Wifi from Python. Goal was to be as simple as possible. Works with Python ≥ 3.6.
## Install `sh python -m pip install -e . `
### prereqs Linux system with NetworkManager (e.g. Ubuntu, Raspberry Pi, etc.).
Returns dict containing lat lng accuracy N BSSIDs heard. In urban areas, accuracy ~ 5 - 100 meters.
### convert to KML You can display your logged data in Google Earth or other KML value after converting by
./csv2kml.py in.log out.kml
pip install simplekml
Note that your time MUST be in ISO 8601 format or some KML reading programs such as Google Earth will just show a blank file. E.g.
## Contributing Pull request if you have another favorite approach. Would like to add Bluetooth, should be simple.
- [Inspired by](https://github.com/flyinva/mozlosh)
- [Alternative using Skyhook and geoclue](https://github.com/scivision/python-geoclue)
- [Raspberry Pi NetworkManager](https://raspberrypi.stackexchange.com/a/73816)
### Raspberry Pi 3 Debian comes without NetworkManager by default. Be careful as you lose Wifi password etc. by this procedure
- Install network manager and remove the old `sh sudo apt install network-manager sudo apt purge dhcpcd5 ` reboot
- upon reboot, try `sh nmcli dev wifi list ` you should see several wifi access points and signal.
- try the MLS geolocation program above.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, Size & Hash SHA256 Hash Help||File Type||Python Version||Upload Date|
(5.7 kB) Copy SHA256 Hash SHA256
|Wheel||3.6||Jan 1, 2018|
(3.5 kB) Copy SHA256 Hash SHA256
|Source||None||Jan 1, 2018|