Generic backup utility.
The msbackup utility performs data archiving. The main use for this is the daily execution of the utility by system scheduler (cron for example).
For reliable archiving of various data have the appropriate backend:
- file - archive folder by the tar with optional compression and encryption;
- hg - scans the folder repositories of version control system Mercurial and executes the command tar with optional compression and encryption on clone of each repository;
- svn - scans the folder repositories of version control system Apache Subversion and archives each repository by the tar with optional compression and encryption on dump of hot copy of each repository;
- pg - scans the relational database system PostgreSQL cluster and archive each database with optional compression and encryption;
- sqlite - backup SQLite database file with optional compression and encryption;
- ldap - backup OpenLDAP configuration and data with optional compression and encryption;
- kvm - online backup Qemu/KVN virtual machines with optional compression and encryption.
If you run the application with the –rotate option, the archives will be rotated by adding a numeric extension to the file name.
Archive files can be encrypted with the –encryptor gpg parameter.
Before build Debian package install intto system project by URL https://github.com/Aleksei-Badyaev/stdeb with command
$ pip install -e git+https://github.com/Aleksei-Badyaev/stdeb.git\ @ea98ce197a6a1262e85cd441feba7201b46af865#egg=stdeb
To build Debian package run the command:
$ python setup.py --command-packages=stdeb.command bdist_deb
Dependencies of this project can be installed by the command:
$ pip install -U -e .[dev]
Tests can be launched by the command:
$ python -m unittest discover -s src/test
Test reports and coverage report can be generate using:
After the successful execution of the script folder test-reports will contain a report (in XML format) of the tests, and in the folder coverage will be a report (in HTML format) of the code coverage.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size msbackup-1.8.5-py3-none-any.whl (33.5 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size msbackup-1.8.5.tar.gz (24.1 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|