MUon Data file reader
MUon (MUD) Data file IO package.
mudpy is a lightwieght Python package aimed to aid in the analysis of muon spin rotation (μSR) and β-detected nuclear magnetic/quadrupole resonance (β-NMR and β-NQR) data taken at TRIUMF. These techniques are similar to "conventional" nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR), but use radioactive nuclei or a muon as the NMR probe in place of a stable isotope.
mudpy has been written to fullfill the following needs:
- Provide a pythonic means of interfacing with MUD files in Python.
- Provide low-level wrappers of the
If you use mudpy in your work, please cite:
- D. Fujimoto. Digging into MUD with Python: mudpy, bdata, and bfit. arXiv:2004.10395 [physics.data-an].
- Please submit contributions to mudpy via a pull request
- To report issues or get support, please file a new issue
Installation and Use
The following packages/applications are needed prior to installation:
- Python 3.6 or higher: a dynamically typed programming language. [install]
- Cython : C-language extensions for Python. [install]
- NumPy : array programming library for Python. [install]
|From the PyPI as user (recommended)||
|From the PyPI as root||
Note the hyphen in
pip command should point to a (version 3)
Python executable (e.g.,
If the above does not work, try using
python3 -m pip instead.
mud_friendly[C wrapper]: python access to MUD C functions
mdata[object]: access general MUD files pythonically
containers.mcontainer[object]: special container base class
containers.mdict[object]: enhanced dictionary class for sub-level lookup and attribute access
containers.mcomment[object]: special container for comments
containers.mhist[object]: special container for histograms
containers.mscaler[object]: special container for scalers
containers.mlist[object]: enhanced list class for sub-level lookup
containers.mvar[object]: special container for variables
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size mud-py-1.2.1.tar.gz (234.6 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|