A robot that receives voice commands to play albums from your MP3 collection
* NOTE: This is an alpha product. The example.py file can get you going, but it has no GUI and the underlying mp3play module doesn’t work with all mp3s yet for some reason.*
When MusicButler has been told what albums you own, a spoken conversation with it might go like this:
- “Afred, what albums do I have?”
- “Here are 3 out of your 58 albums: In Rainbows by Radiohead, Deja Vu by Crosby Stills Nash and Young, and Atlanta by Alison Krauss.”
- “Afred, what Radiohead albums do I have?”
- “You have 2 albums by Radiohead: In Rainbows, and OK Computer.”
- “Afred, play me some Alison Krauss, any album.”
- “Playing New Favorite by Alison Krauss.”
Requires Windows XP, and Python2.5. Windows XP because it uses the ‘speech’ module – see that on pypi for prerequisites. And Python2.5 because it uses the mp3play module – which is still in alpha too so don’t be surprised if some songs don’t play properly.
Please let me know if you like or use this module - it would make my day!
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size musicbutler-0.1.6.zip (37.1 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size musicbutler-0.1.6-py2.5.egg (18.0 kB)||File type Egg||Python version 2.5||Upload date||Hashes View|