generate pdfs from mediawiki markup
mwlib.rl provides a library for writing pdf documents from mediawiki articles which were parsed by the mwlib library.
You need to have setuptools/easy_install installed. Installation should be as easy as typing:
$ easy_install mwlib.rl
If you don’t have setuptools installed, download the source package, unpack it and run:
$ python setup.py install
(this will also install setuptools)
You have to make sure that texvc is in your system PATH. texvc is supplied by the mediawiki installation. It should be located in the following directory: mediawiki_install_path/math
texvc also requires: * LaTeX * dvipng * AMS* packages for LaTeX (maybe included in LaTex distribution)
You will also need:
- mwlib parses mediawiki articles
- for source code formatting http://pygments.org/ (debian packet: python-pygments)
- package for handling bidirectional (right-to-left / left-to-right) text. gnu freebidi and the python bindings are needed http://fribidi.freedesktop.org/wiki/ (debian packages: libfribidi0 and libfribidi-dev) http://pyfribidi.sourceforge.net/index.html (debian packages: python-pyfribidi)
- package which is used to render timelines http://ploticus.sourceforge.net/doc/welcome.html (debian package: ploticus)
Customizing the resulting PDFs is possible by adding a custom configuration file. The file needs to named customconfig.py and should reside next to the pdfstyles.py file. Basically you can override anything in the pdfstyles.py file with your custom configuration. Any changes need to be done with care in order not to break things! Check the pdfstyles.py file for more information.
Also check the customnodetransformer.py file for more options for customization.
The font configuration can be changed in fontconfig.py. For the default configuration to work properly it is necessary to install a couple of fonts. If these fonts are not installed built-in Adobe fonts are used where necessary.
The following fonts need to be installed: AR PL UMing HK, Ezra SIL, Nazli, UnBatang, Arundina Serif, Lohit Telugu, Sarai, Lohit Punjabi, Lohit Oriya, AnjaliOldLipi, Kedage, LikhanNormal, Lohit Tamil, Linux Libertine
These fonts are contained in the following debian (meta-)packages: ttf-indic-fonts, ttf-unfonts, ttf-farsiweb, ttf-arphic-uming, ttf-sil-ezra, ttf-thai-arundina, linux-libertine
After the font installation a directory “mwlibfonts” needs to be created in the home directory. All fonts need to be symlinked to the appropriate directories (see fontconfig.py).
For further information please visit our trac instance running at http://code.pediapress.com The current development version can also be found there.
2009-08-25 release 0.12.3
- rewrite table rendering code
- make it compatible with latest mwlib.ext
2009-08-17 release 0.12.1
- add Table of Contents
- improve support for CJK languages
- fix printing problems
- use formatter class to style text
- add CustomNodeTransformer
2009-05-06 release 0.11.3
2009-05-06 release 0.11.2
2009-05-05 release 0.11.1
- add image license and contributors section to the end of the PDF
2009-04-17 release 0.10.2
- show pdf creation date on title page
2009-04-09 release 0.10.1
- move contributors and article source to the end of the pdf
- basic support for timelines
- use mwlib > 0.10
- other fixes
2009-03-05 release 0.9.10
- insert conditional pagebreaks before articles
- minor fixes
2009-03-02 release 0.9.9
- minor fixes
2009-02-19 release 0.9.8
- xmlescape title and subtitle
2009-02-18 release 0.9.7
- add translations
- improve styling
2009-02-03 release 0.9.4
- improve rendering of galleries
- improve page breaks
- use new image scaling method from mwlib
2009-02-03 release 0.9.3
- use correct alignment and background color for table cells
- text alignment is now justified by default
- workaround for greyscale images with alphachannel (#429)
Copyright (c) 2007, 2008 PediaPress GmbH
All rights reserved.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
- Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
- Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
- Neither the name of PediaPress GmbH nor the names of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS “AS IS” AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT OWNER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size mwlib.rl-0.12.3.tar.gz (3.2 MB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|