generate pdfs from mediawiki markup
mwlib.rl provides a library for writing pdf documents from mediawiki articles which were parsed by the mwlib library.
You need to have setuptools/easy_install installed. Installation should be as easy as typing:
$ easy_install mwlib.rl
If you don’t have setuptools installed, download the source package, unpack it and run:
$ python setup.py install
(this will also install setuptools)
You have to make sure that texvc is in your system PATH. texvc is supplied by the mediawiki installation. It should be located in the following directory: mediawiki_install_path/math
texvc also requires: * LaTeX * dvipng * AMS* packages for LaTeX (maybe included in LaTex distribution)
You will also need:
- mwlib parses mediawiki articles
- for source code formatting http://pygments.org/ (debian packet: python-pygments)
- package for handling bidirectional (right-to-left / left-to-right) text. gnu freebidi and the python bindings are needed http://fribidi.freedesktop.org/wiki/ (debian packages: libfribidi0 and libfribidi-dev) http://pyfribidi.sourceforge.net/index.html (debian packages: python-pyfribidi)
Customizing the resulting PDFs is possible by adding a custom configuration file. The file needs to named customconfig.py and should reside next to the pdfstyles.py file. Basically you can override anything in the pdfstyles.py file with your custom configuration. Any changes need to be done with care in order not to break things! Check the pdfstyles.py file for more information.
For further information please visit our trac instance running at http://code.pediapress.com The current development version can also be found there.
Copyright (c) 2007, 2008 PediaPress GmbH
All rights reserved.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
- Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
- Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
- Neither the name of PediaPress GmbH nor the names of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS “AS IS” AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT OWNER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size mwlib.rl-0.8.1.tar.gz (3.2 MB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|