This files helps you installing the MySQL Database adapter in Zope 3
In this document I'm assuming your Zope3 lives in ~/Zope3.
1. Check out the mysqldbda product into ~/Zope3/src
cvs -d :pserver:firstname.lastname@example.org:/cvs-repository login
cvs -d :pserver:email@example.com:/cvs-repository checkout \
2. Create a file named 'mysqldbda-configure.zcml' inside
~/Zope3/package-includes with the following contents:
Creating Database Connections
It is time to add some connections. A connection in Zope 3 is
registered as a utility.
3. Open a web browser on your Zope root folder (http://localhost:8080/ if
you use the default settings in zope.conf.in).
4. Click on the 'Manage Site' action on the right side of the
screen. You should see a screen which reads 'Common Site
5. Around the middle of that page, you should see a link named 'Add
Utility'. Click on it.
6. Select 'MySQL DA' and type in a name at the bottom of the page.
7. Enter the database connection string. It looks like this:
8. Click on the 'Add' button.
9. You should be on a page which reads 'Add Database Connection
Registration'. There you can configure the permission needed to
use the database connection, the name of the registration and the
registration status. You can use any name for 'Register As'
field, as long as it doesn't clash with an existing one. Choose a
permission. Choose between 'Registered' and 'Active' for the
'Registration Status'. Only one component of a kind can be
'Active' at a time, so be careful.
10. You should be redirected to the 'Edit' screen of the connection
11. If you want to, you can go to the Test page and execute arbitrary SQL
queries to see whether the connection is working as expected.
Using SQL Scripts
You can create SQL Scripts in the content space. For example:
12. Go to Zope root.
13. Add an SQL script (you can use the Common Tasks box on the left, or
the Add action on the right).
14. Click on the name of your new SQL script.
15. Choose a connection name (the one you entered in step 29) from the
16. Enter your query and click on the 'Save Changes' button.
17. You can test the script in the -- surprise! -- Test page.
- Made sure that __stringConverter gets (re)set only when needed
(only on encoding change) otherwise it just bloats ZODB
- Package eggification
TODO: Brief introduction on what you do with files - including link to relevant help section.