Nanome Plugin deploying a few molecule loaders integrated with Nanome
Nanome - Loaders
A Web-Loader plugin for Nanome to load files through a URL or a Drag-and-Drop Web Interface.
This works for both Nanome & Nanome Curie (Quest edition).
- URL Loader will load a molecule from RCSB, by its molecular code
- Web Loader will start a web server. Other people can upload molecules or other files to it, and they will appear in Nanome.
Web Loader currently supports:
- Molecules: .pdb, .cif, .sdf
- Presentations: .pptx, .ppt, .odp
- Documents: .pdf
$ pip install nanome-loaders
In order to load non-molecular files with Web Loader, the following applications/packages should be installed on the computer running the plugin:
For Windows especially, make sure that these applications are in the PATH environment variable (the folder containing simpress.exe should be in PATH for LibreOffice)
On Ubuntu, a security policy might prevent ImageMagick from converting PDF to images. It can be removed by running:
$ sudo mv /etc/ImageMagick-6/policy.xml /etc/ImageMagick-6/policy.xmlout
See this answer on AskUbuntu for more information: https://askubuntu.com/a/1081907
To start the plugin:
$ nanome-url-loader -a plugin_server_address
$ nanome-web-loader -a plugin_server_address
On Linux, you might have to start the nanome-web-loader as sudo to listen on port 80.
The port to open (the open used for the Web UI), can be changed by starting the plugin with the option -w:
$ nanome-web-loader -w 8080
- Activate Plugin
- Click Run
- For URL Loader: Enter a molecular code (for instance "1YUI"), and click "Load"
- For Web Loader: The list of molecule should be empty. Open your web browser, go to "127.0.0.1" (or your computer's IP address from another computer), and add supported files. Your files will appear in Nanome
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|nanome_loaders-0.4.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl (99.1 kB) View hashes||Wheel||py2.py3|
|nanome-loaders-0.4.0.tar.gz (94.4 kB) View hashes||Source||None|
Hashes for nanome_loaders-0.4.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl