Nice CX Python includes a client and a data model.
The NDEx2 Client v2.0 Python module provides methods to access NDEx via the NDEx Server API. It also provides methods for common operations on networks. It includes the NiceCX network object class for convenient NDEx access and as a data model for applications.
Jupyter Notebook Tutorials
- Basic Use of the NDEx2 Client: NDEx2 Client v2.0 Tutorial
- Working with the NiceCX Network Class: NiceCX v2.0 Tutorial
To use these tutorials, clone the ndex-jupyter-notebooks repository to your local machine and start Jupyter Notebooks in the project directory.
For information on installing and using Jupyter Notebooks, go to jupyter.org
The NDEx2 Client 2.0 module requires Python 3.6+ and the latest version of the PIP Python package manager for installation. Click here to download the PIP Python package.
Installing the NDEx2 Client Module
The NDEx2 Client 2.0 module can be installed from the Python Package Index (PyPI) repository using PIP:
pip install ndex2
If you already have an older version of the ndex2 module installed, you can use this command instead:
pip install –upgrade ndex2
- Add method to ndex2 python client to apply style from one NiceCXNetwork to another NiceCXNetwork Issue #43
- In NiceCXNetwork class ability to add to User-Agent for calls to NDEx service Issue #36
- Methods in ndex2/client.py should raise an NDExError for invalid credentials Issue #39
- Add timeout flag to all web request calls Issue #33
- Update User-Agent to reflect actual version of software Issue #35
- NiceCXNetwork.set_node_attribute() incorrectly handles duplicate attributes Issue #41
- NiceCXNetwork.set_node_attribute() fails if node object passed to it Issue #42
- Passing None to user_agent parameterin Ndex2() constructor raises TypeError Issue #34
- Ndex2() constructor does not properly handle invalid json from server Issue #28
- Eliminate circular import between ndex2 and ndex2cx/nice_cx_builder.py Issue #31
- Replace print statements with logging calls in ndex2/client.py Issue #32
- Fixed bug where logs directory is created within the package installation directory. Issue #26
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size ndex2-3.1.0a1-py2.py3-none-any.whl (39.7 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py2.py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size ndex2-3.1.0a1.tar.gz (45.2 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for ndex2-3.1.0a1-py2.py3-none-any.whl