Lesser used features for the Nengo neural simulator
Extra utilities and add-ons for Nengo.
This repository contains utilities that occupy a liminal space not quite generic enough for inclusion in Nengo, but useful enough that they should be publicly accessible.
Some of these utilities may eventually migrate to Nengo, and others may be split off into their own separate repositories.
To install Nengo extras, we recommend using pip.
pip install nengo-extras
Example notebooks can be found in the docs/examples directory.
For a listing of the contents of this repository, and information on how to use it, see the full documentation.
To run the unit tests:
pytest nengo_extras [--plots]
To run the static checks:
To build the documentation:
sphinx-build docs docs/_build
0.5.0 (January 12, 2022)
- Added NengoDL builders for NengoLoihi neuron types. These will automatically be used by the NengoLoihi repository if it is installed. (#94)
- Updated to work with more recent versions of Nengo. (#94)
0.4.0 (November 15, 2019)
- Added nengo_extras.simulators.RealTimeSimulator, which will ensure that simulations don’t run faster than real time. (#85, #151)
- Added nengo_extras.neurons.NumbaLIF, which is a numba-accelerated drop-in replacement for the nengo.LIF neuron model (requires numba to be installed). (#86)
- Fixed some Nengo 3.0.0 compatibility issues. (#90)
0.3.0 (June 4, 2018)
0.2.0 (May 31, 2018)
- Added the association matrix learning rule (AML) to learn associations from cue vectors to target vectors in a one-shot fashion without catastrophic forgetting. (#72)
- Added classes to convert Nengo models to GEXF for visualization with Gephi. (#54)
- Added a Camera process to stream images from a camera to Nengo. (#61)
0.1.0 (March 14, 2018)
Initial release of Nengo Extras! Tested with Nengo 2.7.0, but should work with earlier versions. If you run into any issues, please file a bug report.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
Hashes for nengo_extras-0.5.0-py3-none-any.whl