An object mapper for the neo4j graph database.
- Familiar Django model style definitions.
- Powerful query API.
- Enforce your schema through cardinality restrictions.
- Full transaction support.
- Thread safe.
- pre/post save/delete hooks.
- Django integration via django_neomodel
Available on readthedocs.
- Python 2.7, 3.3+
- neo4j 3.0, 3.1, 3.2
Install from pypi (recommended):
$ pip install neomodel
To install from github:
$ pip install git+git://github.com/robinedwards/neomodel.git@HEAD#egg=neomodel-dev
Upgrading 2.x to 3.x
- Now utilises neo4j_driver as the backend which uses bolt so neo4j 3 is required
- Connection now set through config.DATABASE_URL (see getting started docs)
- The deprecated category() method on StructuredNode has been removed
- The deprecated index property on StructuredNode has been removed
- The streaming=True flag is now irrelevant with bolt and produces a deprecation warning
- Batch operations must now be wrapped in a transaction in order to be atomic
- Indexing NodeSets returns a single node now as opposed to a list
Ideas, bugs, tests and pull requests always welcome.
Running the test suite
Make sure you have a fresh virtualenv and
$ pip install nose
Also a Neo4j database version 3 or higher to run the tests on. (it will wipe this database for each test run):
$ export NEO4J_BOLT_URL=bolt://neo4j:neo4j@localhost:7687 # (the default)
Setup a virtual environment, install neomodel for development and run the test suite:
$ virtualenv venv $ source venv/bin/activate $ python setup.py develop $ nosetests -s
If your running a neo4j database for the first time the test suite will set the password to ‘test’.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|File Name & Checksum SHA256 Checksum Help||Version||File Type||Upload Date|
|neomodel-3.2.5-py2-none-any.whl (48.0 kB) Copy SHA256 Checksum SHA256||2.7||Wheel||Jun 10, 2017|
|neomodel-3.2.5.tar.gz (40.9 kB) Copy SHA256 Checksum SHA256||–||Source||Jun 10, 2017|