Ansible Networking ML2 Driver
Networking-Ansible is a Neutron ML2 driver that abstracts the management and interaction with switching hardware to Ansible Networking. This driver is not tested with all the modules included with Ansible Networking. In theory it should work with any switch that has compatible modules included with Ansible Networking if the provider tasks are added to the Ansible openstack-ml2 role included with this driver. See the contributor documentation for more information about adding support for an Ansible Networking driver to the openstack-ml2 Ansible role.
- Free software: Apache license
- Documentation: https://networking-ansible.readthedocs.io/en/latest/
- Source: https://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/networking-ansible/
- Bugs: https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/project/openstack/networking-ansible/
The Networking-Ansible ML2 Driver consists of the following components:
- networking_ansible ML2 Driver
- Invoked by neutron to configure L2 networking for tenant networks.
Ironic Baremetal Guest Deployment
Ironic uses Networking-Ansible to configure the switch ports for the baremetal guests. Ironic needs to swap the port a baremetal guest is connected to between the Ironic provisioning network and the tenant VLAN that the guest is assigned.
- On create network a vlan can be defined
- On port update will assign a vlan to an access port
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|networking_ansible-1.0.4-py3-none-any.whl (39.4 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||py3|
|networking-ansible-1.0.4.tar.gz (38.0 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None|