NGPy is a web application that enable online performing and analyzing Monte-Carlo simulations on nucleation and growth phenomena.
It can be also used as a web framework to develop your own web applications.
NGPy is built on top of **Flask**.
NGPy is actually a distributed system since we use **ZEO server** as a database and **redis** server as a message queue.
$ easy_install ngpy
$ tar -xvf ngpy-xxx.tar.gz
$ cd ngpy-xxx
$ python setup.py install
* Make sure that the NoSQL database **redis** is installed in your system.
* Other dependencies such as **ZODB3**, **WTForm**, **Numpy**, and **Matplotlib** should be taken care by *easy_install*.
If not, try to install them mannually.
2. Start ZEO server
$ runzeo -a 0.0.0.0:<ZEOPORT> -f /path/to/your/Data.fs
* <ZEOPORT> must be an available port number, e.g. 1234
* The **ZEO** server should run at a host that other hosts can connect to.
3. Start redis server
$ redis-server [/path/to/redis.conf]
* The **redis** server should run at a host that other hosts can connect to.
4. Start the task queue daemon
$ simd [-r <server>] [-q <qkey>]
* <server> is the host where you run the **redis** server.
* What **simd** does is that it just picks the messages from **redis** server and process them.
So you can run **simd** at every hosts where you wish to run the task.
5. Start ngpy
$ run-ngpy [-c </path/to/ngpy.cfg>]
The *ngpy.cfg* is the configuration file for **ngpy**.
It is a Python file and will be processed by *Flask*.
Only values in uppercase are actually used.
More details are refered to the **Flask** documentation.
The **ngpy** website should be now served at http://localhost:5000.
You can visit it use any browser (Chrome, Firefox, IE, etc.) via
if you are a local visitor, or
if you visit remotely.
Ask for Help
* You can directly contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* You can join the mailinglist by sending an email to email@example.com and replying to the confirmation mail.
To unsubscribe, send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and reply to the confirmation mail.
* `Website <http://liuyxpp.bitbucket.org>`_
* `Development version <http://bitbucket.org/liuyxpp/ngpy/>`_
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.