Nimbstor is designed to be a secure and reliable tool to store data,
distributed, deduplicated, compressed and encrypted in different backends as
searchable archive list.
The intergrated utility “nimbtar” is an TAR clone, but stores the archives in
Nimbstor. You can use it for incremental backups, or for storing and reading
archives on USB-Sticks, external harddrives, mailboxes, …
- Main features:
- Create, show, search and extract archives like TAR files.
- Each archive has an description, keywords and parent archive.
- Archives are fully deduplicated with rsync-like rolling hash algorithm.
- Archives are splited and stored on backend in blocks between 0 and 4 MiB
- Blocks can be compressed (gzip, bzip2, LZMA) and encrypted (AES 256).
- Blocks are distributable over multiple backens.
- Support redundant store of blocks for failsafety.
- Support filesystem directories backend, with one file per block.
- Support IMAP mailboxes backend, with one message per block.
- Support WebDAV backend.
- Support sFTP backend with password and ssh-key authentication.
- Copy archives without recompression and recryption between storages.
- Parallel compression/decompression and encryption/decryption.
Other backends, like FTP or NNTP, will come soon.
Install it with “easy_install nimbstor” and type “nimbtar -h” for help.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.