Support for Instant Payment Notifications in Plone.
A Plone add-on package that acts as a base for supporting different Instant Payment Notification providers (such as PayPal, JVZoo, Click2Sell, etc.)
You probably do not want to use this package on its own, but rather use one of its sub-packages:
How it works
This package acts as a base layer for niteoweb.ipn.* packages. It provides the code that these sub-packages would have to otherwise duplicate:
- Creating a new member.
- Updating an existing member.
- Disabling an existing member.
- Firing off events that your project code can catch and perform custom tasks on.
The following information is stored as member properties for later use:
- IPN provider’s Product ID of the purchased item.
- Affiliate who referred the buyer.
- Date until the member’s subscription is valid.
- History of actions taken on the member. Useful for analyses later on.
- Emails are used as usernames.
- “Disabling” a member means to revoke her Member role and put her in the Disabled group, while removing her from all other groups.
- “Enabling” a member means to create a new member (if she doesn’t exist yet), grant her the Member role (if she doesn’t have it yet) and add her to the Product Group.
- “Product Group” is a group that contains members that have purchased the same product. Product group IDs are equal to Product IDs – this is how they are linked together.
- When niteoweb.ipn.core creates a new member object, the registration email is not sent. Your third-party code should take care of this (for example by subscribing to the IPrincipalCreatedEvent emitted by PAS).
- Whenever a member is enabled, a ‘valid_to’ property is set on the member object to represent until which day should this member be allowed to use the site. You then need to setup a cronjob that calls @@validity view every day to disable those members whose validity period has elapsed. In the plone.app.registry control panel you can set a secret that needs to be passed as a request parameter to the @@validity view.
You probably do not want to install niteoweb.ipn.core directly, but rather use one of niteoweb.ipn.* sub-packages.
- Use ipn_ as a prefix for product group IDs. [zupo]
- Initial release. [zupo]
License (3-clause BSD)
Copyright (c) 2012, NiteoWeb Ltd.. All rights reserved.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
- Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
- Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
- Neither the name of NiteoWeb Ltd.. nor the names of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS “AS IS” AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL NITEOWEB LTD. BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.