NI-XNET Python API
|Info||Communicate over CAN or LIN via NI-XNET hardware with Python.|
>>> import nixnet >>> with nixnet.FrameInStreamSession('CAN1') as input_session: >>> input_session.intf.can_term = constants.CanTerm.ON >>> input_session.intf.baud_rate = 125000 >>> frames = input_session.frames.read(count) >>> for frame in frames: >>> print('Received frame:') >>> print(frame)
Running nixnet requires NI-XNET or NI-XNET Runtime. Visit the ni.com/downloads to download the latest version of NI-XNET.
nixnet can be installed with pip:
$ python -m pip install nixnet~=0.3.1
Now you should be able to move onto the Examples.
The nixnet package and NI-XNET are supported by NI. For support, open a request through the NI support portal at ni.com.
nixnet package is created and maintained by National Instruments.
- The following support is included:
- CAN and LIN protocol
- Frames, Signals, and frame/signal conversion
- Database APIs
- For a complete list of supported features and functions, see the documentation.
- See the enhancement issues for potential future work.
- Breaking API changes will be kept to a minimum. If a breaking change is made, it will be planned through breaking-change isssues and communicated via semver and the release notes.
- Known issues.
nixnet currently supports
- Windows operating system.
- CPython 2.7.0+, 3.4+, PyPy2, and PyPy3.
- NI-XNET 15.5+
nixnet is licensed under an MIT-style license (see LICENSE). Other incorporated projects may be licensed under different licenses. All licenses allow for non-commercial and commercial use.
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size nixnet-0.3.1-py2.py3-none-any.whl (152.5 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py2.py3||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
|Filename, size nixnet-0.3.1.tar.gz (147.9 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
Hashes for nixnet-0.3.1-py2.py3-none-any.whl