The Noterator: bringing notification to iteration.
Adding notification to your iteration.
>>> from noterator import noterate, EMAIL, TWILIO >>> for obj in noterate(my_objects, EMAIL|TWILIO): ... do_something_slow(obj) ... >>>
When the loop completes, The Noterator will notify you by all the methods you passed in. In this case it’ll email you and send an SMS to your configured number with Twilio. Other supported notification methods are HipChat (send a notification to a room) and desktop.
You can find more usage information in the usage docs.
Before The Noterator can do anything, you’ll need a config.ini file (see config.example.ini or the example below to get started).
It’s possible to use The Noterator without a configuration file, but it’s a little less concise. See the configuration docs for more detail.
By default, we check for $HOME/.config/noterator/config.ini, so it’s probably best to keep your config there, but you can pass the config_file parameter to noterate with the path to an alternative location.
You only need to define settings for the methods you wish to use.
[desktop] sound = true [email] from_mail = The Noterator <email@example.com> recipient = firstname.lastname@example.org host = smtp.example.org port = 25 username = email@example.com password = password123 [hipchat] token = abc123 room_id = 123456 from_name = The Noterator message_colour = green [twilio] account_sid = abc123 token = abc123 from_number = +123456 to_number = +456789
- New notification plugins: logging, …
- Notication during iteration, a la tqdm.write
- Fix a packaging issue relating to moved requirements
- Prevent test failure due to timing errors
- Minor testing & packaging fixes
- Minor cleanups & fixes
- Desktop notification (Mac & Linux)
- Improvements to testing
- Test coverage reporting to codecov.io
- Allow the construction of re-usable Noterators with the Noterator class
- Configuration is now possible without a config file (instance.configure_plugin)
- Plugin validation is now triggred when iteration begins, not when the Noterator is built
- Changed email plugin configuration keys to be consistent with, e.g. Django
- Added tests for configuration file validation & all plugins
- Travis CI + coverage / Coveralls integration
- Fixed a packaging error
- More appropriate exception usage in config loading / checking
- More safety checks in configuration
- Added the every_n parameter to noterate
- First release on PyPI.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, Size & Hash SHA256 Hash Help||File Type||Python Version||Upload Date|
(12.0 kB) Copy SHA256 Hash SHA256
|Wheel||2.7||Oct 31, 2016|
(20.9 kB) Copy SHA256 Hash SHA256
|Source||None||Oct 31, 2016|