Write and publish your blog articles from Notion.
Write articles for your static gen blog in Notion.
Notoma is available via Pip or Homebrew:
# Installing with pip, use this if you plan using Notoma as a python library. pip install notoma
Installing with Homebrew on Mac OS.
brew install nategadzhi/notoma/notoma
What can you do with Notoma
Notoma provides commands to:
- Convert contents of your Notion Blog database to a bunch of Markdown files.
- Coming soon: Watch Notion Blog database for updates and regenerate Markdown files on any updates.
- Coming soon: Create a new Notion database for your Blog with all required fields.
Basic usage example: this command will convert only published posts from a Notion blog database to the
notoma convert --dest ./posts/
This example assumes that you have a
.env config file with authentication and blog url parameters in it.
Authenticating in Notion
Notoma uses an internal Notion API, and that, unfortunately, requires you to provide an authentication token
token_v2 that you can find in your notion.so cookes.
You can provide
token_v2 option to every command line call, or store it in your environment, or
.env config file.
Notion database structure
Notoma has very few expectations about how your Notion is structured. Here's a public example database.
Notoma requires that your Notion blog database has the following properties:
- Published: whether the article is published, or is still a draft
- Title: Will be used to create a file name for that article's Markdown equivalent file. Won't be used in the article itself.
Notoma tries to parse other properties and add them as front matter into the resulting Markdown articles:
- Published at will be used as publicataion date for the article, if present.
- Categories will be used as
categoriesfront matter key, so it's expected to be a multiple choice propery.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size notoma-0.2.9-py3-none-any.whl (27.3 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size notoma-0.2.9.tar.gz (18.5 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|