Probabilistic Cross-Identification of Astronomical Sources
nway is a source cross-matching tool for arbitrarily many astronomical catalogues.
- Bayesian match probabilities based on astronomical sky coordinates (RA, DEC)
- Works with arbitrarily many catalogues
- Can handle varying errors
- Can incorporate additional prior information, such as the magnitude or color distributions of the sources to match
- Works accurately and fast in small areas and all-sky catalogues
See the manual in the doc/ folder, https://github.com/JohannesBuchner/nway/raw/master/doc/nway-manual.pdf
A full worked example with demo catalogues is included.
The easiest way to install nway is with pip:
$ pip install nway
Add –user if you do not have admin privileges. Alternatively, download the source code and run “python setup.py install”.
nway uses the following python packages:
- numpy, scipy, matplotlib
- progressbar or progressbar-latest
nway should work both with Python 3 and Python 2.
Please file an issue on Github if you have any problems.
Citing nway correctly
Please cite Salvato et al (in prep.). https://arxiv.org/abs/1705.10711
This program is free and open-source software, licensed under AGPLv3 (see LICENSE and COPYING files). Written by Johannes Buchner (C) 2013-2017
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size nway-3.7-py2.7.egg (37.9 kB)||File type Egg||Python version 2.7||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size nway-3.7-py2.py3-none-any.whl (28.2 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version 2.7||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size nway-3.7.tar.gz (28.0 MB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|