Python script & GUI to manage Octopus deploy servers through the Octopus Restful APIs
Python script and GUI to manage Octopus deploy servers through the Octopus Restful APIs
- Why octopus-python-client?
- Get started
- Run octopus-python-client
This project programmatically manage Octopus server through Restful APIs by command line and GUI.
- Managing Octopus server through Octopus UI does not fit all situations.
- In the market, we have only PowerShell and C# client tools to manage Octopus server through APIs. We want a client tool which is across the different platform/OS to manage Octopus server through APIs.
- A Octopus server/space migration tool is missing on the market. See the complaints https://github.com/OctopusDeploy/Issues/issues/5451 https://help.octopus.com/t/how-do-i-transfer-or-clone-a-project-to-a-different-space-in-octopus-cloud/23333 https://help.octopus.com/t/octopus-migration-import-api-does-not-honor-space-id/24287/4
- An Octopus client tool with GUI is not available
start Octopus python client GUI
command line example: get all configurations and settings from all spaces at https://samples.octopus.app/api/
This section describes how to install and configure octopus-python-client.
To work with octopus-python-client, you need the following:
After you've cloned octopus-python-client, configure it by following these steps before installation
- open src/octopus_python_client/configurations/configuration.json
- change the endpoint, folder name; user_name and password or api_key is needed, not both
- To install octopus-python-client, run
pip install octopus-python-client --upgrade
You need python3.6 and higher
- To uninstall octopus-python-client, run
pip uninstall octopus-python-client
Code contributions and improvements by the community are welcomed! See the LICENSE file for current open-source licensing and use information.
Before we can accept pull requests from contributors, we require a signed Contributor License Agreement (CLA).
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size octopus_python_client-2.9.6-py3-none-any.whl (62.0 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size octopus-python-client-2.9.6.tar.gz (52.4 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for octopus_python_client-2.9.6-py3-none-any.whl
Hashes for octopus-python-client-2.9.6.tar.gz