Calculate product weight based on UoM
This module allows to use the unit of measure as a reference for the product weight. So a product with a UoM of Kg will have a weight of 1.0 Kg. and a product with a UoM of grams will have a weight of 0.001 Kg.
It still allows to adjust the total weight manually with an extra field.
Table of contents
Although it’s not a direct dependency of this module you will need to have Sale Management or Inventory installed in order to use Units of Measure.
To configure this module, you need to:
- Go to Inventory > Configuration > Settings.
- In the Product section set Units of Measure on.
The decimal precission of the weight field is set to 2 digits by default so if you need more decimals (i.e.: grams are 0,001 Kg and would be rounded to 0.00!) you need to:
- Go to Settings > Technical > Database Structure > Decimal Accuracy
- Edit Stock Weight and set Digits to your needs.
- Go to a product and change its UoM to any in the Weight category.
- Go to the Inventory tab and you’ll see the weight has changed to the proper conversion.
- Additionaly you can set an additional weight that will sum to the calculated one.
There’s an incompatibility with the module delivery because of the way this one computes the stock.quant.package and stock.picking weight based on unit conversion multiplied by product weight.
E. g.: A product with a UoM of Tons will have a weight of 1000 Kg. delivery computes it this way for every quant package or picking line:
- Converts the product Uom (Tons) to the line Uom (e.g.: Kg.) = 1000
- Multiplies it by the line quantity (e.g.: 5) = 5000
- Then multiplies it by the product weight = 50000
This would be a correct compute if the UoM wouldn’t be a weight measure itself.
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us smashing it by providing a detailed and welcomed feedback.
Do not contact contributors directly about support or help with technical issues.
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
This module is part of the OCA/product-attribute project on GitHub.
You are welcome to contribute. To learn how please visit https://odoo-community.org/page/Contribute.
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|odoo11_addon_product_weight_through_uom-188.8.131.52.0.99.dev6-py2.py3-none-any.whl (29.5 kB) View hashes||Wheel||py2.py3|
Hashes for odoo11_addon_product_weight_through_uom-184.108.40.206.0.99.dev6-py2.py3-none-any.whl