This addon adds an integrated Job Queue to Odoo.
It allows to postpone method calls executed asynchronously.
Jobs are executed in the background by a Jobrunner, in their own transaction.
from odoo import models, fields, api from odoo.addons.queue_job.job import job class MyModel(models.Model): _name = 'my.model' @api.multi @job def my_method(self, a, k=None): _logger.info('executed with a: %s and k: %s', a, k) class MyOtherModel(models.Model): _name = 'my.other.model' @api.multi def button_do_stuff(self): self.env['my.model'].with_delay().my_method('a', k=2)
In the snippet of code above, when we call button_do_stuff, a job capturing the method and arguments will be postponed. It will be executed as soon as the Jobrunner has a free bucket, which can be instantaneous if no other job is running.
- Views for jobs, jobs are stored in PostgreSQL
- Jobrunner: execute the jobs, highly efficient thanks to PostgreSQL’s NOTIFY
- Channels: give a capacity for the root channel and its sub-channels and segregate jobs in them. Allow for instance to restrict heavy jobs to be executed one at a time while little ones are executed 4 at a times.
- Retries: Ability to retry jobs by raising a type of exception
- Retry Pattern: the 3 first tries, retry after 10 seconds, the 5 next tries, retry after 1 minutes, …
- Job properties: priorities, estimated time of arrival (ETA), custom description, number of retries
- Related Actions: link an action on the job view, such as open the record concerned by the job
Table of contents
Be sure to have the requests library.
- Using environment variables and command line:
- Adjust environment variables (optional):
- ODOO_QUEUE_JOB_CHANNELS=root:4 or any other channels configuration. The default is root:1
- if xmlrpc_port is not set: ODOO_QUEUE_JOB_PORT=8069
- Start Odoo with --load=web,queue_job and --workers greater than 1. 
- Adjust environment variables (optional):
- Using the Odoo configuration file:
[options] (...) workers = 6 server_wide_modules = web,queue_job (...) [queue_job] channels = root:2
- Confirm the runner is starting correctly by checking the odoo log file:
...INFO...queue_job.jobrunner.runner: starting ...INFO...queue_job.jobrunner.runner: initializing database connections ...INFO...queue_job.jobrunner.runner: queue job runner ready for db <dbname> ...INFO...queue_job.jobrunner.runner: database connections ready
- Create jobs (eg using base_import_async) and observe they start immediately and in parallel.
- Tip: to enable debug logging for the queue job, use --log-handler=odoo.addons.queue_job:DEBUG
|||It works with the threaded Odoo server too, although this way of running Odoo is obviously not for production purposes.|
To use this module, you need to:
- Go to Job Queue menu
Bypass jobs on running Odoo
When you are developing (ie: connector modules) you might want to bypass the queue job and run your code immediately.
To do so you can set TEST_QUEUE_JOB_NO_DELAY=1 in your enviroment.
Bypass jobs in tests
When writing tests on job-related methods is always tricky to deal with delayed recordsets. To make your testing life easier you can set test_queue_job_no_delay=True in the context.
Tip: you can do this at test case level like this
@classmethod def setUpClass(cls): super().setUpClass() cls.env = cls.env(context=dict( cls.env.context, test_queue_job_no_delay=True, # no jobs thanks ))
Then all your tests execute the job methods synchronously without delaying any jobs.
- After creating a new database or installing queue_job on an existing database, Odoo must be restarted for the runner to detect it.
- When Odoo shuts down normally, it waits for running jobs to finish. However, when the Odoo server crashes or is otherwise force-stopped, running jobs are interrupted while the runner has no chance to know they have been aborted. In such situations, jobs may remain in started or enqueued state after the Odoo server is halted. Since the runner has no way to know if they are actually running or not, and does not know for sure if it is safe to restart the jobs, it does not attempt to restart them automatically. Such stale jobs therefore fill the running queue and prevent other jobs to start. You must therefore requeue them manually, either from the Jobs view, or by running the following SQL statement before starting Odoo:
update queue_job set state='pending' where state in ('started', 'enqueued')
- [IMP] Dont’ start the Jobrunner if root channel’s capacity is explicitly set to 0
- [ADD] Ability to set several jobs to done using an multi-action (port of #59)
- [REF] Extract a method handling the post of a message when a job is failed, allowing to modify this behavior from addons
- [MIGRATION] from 11.0 branched at rev. b0945be
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us smashing it by providing a detailed and welcomed feedback.
Do not contact contributors directly about support or help with technical issues.
- Guewen Baconnier <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Stéphane Bidoul <email@example.com>
- Matthieu Dietrich <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Jos De Graeve <Jos.DeGraeve@apertoso.be>
- David Lefever <email@example.com>
- Laurent Mignon <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Laetitia Gangloff <email@example.com>
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
This module is part of the OCA/queue project on GitHub.
You are welcome to contribute. To learn how please visit https://odoo-community.org/page/Contribute.
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size odoo12_addon_queue_job-184.108.40.206.1.99.dev3-py3-none-any.whl (77.3 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for odoo12_addon_queue_job-220.127.116.11.1.99.dev3-py3-none-any.whl