Stock Picking Compute Delivery Date
Stock Picking Compute Delivery Date
This module allows to recompute the delivery dates of outgoing Moves based on the dates of incoming Moves for the same product. That means that for every outgoing move we update the expected date based on our best guess based on the information we have.
The method we use is different for moves that are chained (MTO flow) or moves that are not (MTS flow).
In all cases, at the end we add the security margin defined for the company.
For every outgoing Move the system finds the corresponding incoming Move. That is identified by the ‘move_dest_id’ (Destination Move) field. In the usual case where the incoming Move is generated by a Purchase Order that in turn is generated by the Scheduler, that field is filled automatically by OpenERP. For that module we use only that field, so we do not need a dependency on the Purchase module.
The date of the incoming Move, plus the Security Days defined in the Company, is then written in the outcoming Move. The existing expected date is not used and is overwritten.
For the Make To Stock flow, the logic is more complex.
First, for each product, the system takes the list of outgoing Moves ordered by creation date, and the list of incoming Moves ordered by expected date.
It then loops over the outgoing Moves, and for each one, it tries to find at what time we will have enough stock to make the delivery. That information is based on the current stock, and on the day when we expect to receive deliveries of the same product.
If incoming Moves run out, we stop processing the product and leave any remaining outgoing Moves untouched. We may decide to change that logic later.
The process can be run in three ways:
- Select a few lines from the Products tree view, and from “More” click “Compute delivery dates for all products”.
- Click Warehouse / Products / Compute all delivery dates.
- A Scheduled action is provided, initially disabled.
With version 1.1, this module was ported to Odoo 8.0. Since there are no more MTO and MTS products as such, each move is now individually processed with one flow or the other depending on the presence of moves chained to it, or not.
Possible future improvements
- Behave differently when incoming Moves run out.
- Use the Priority field to decide which outgoing Moves to process first (now only the expected date is used).
- Since v8 a change in the expected date of move changes immadiately the expected dates of the chained moves. This could make the MTO part of this module unnecessary, if the change is consistent. That could be investigated further.
- For the MTS computation, all outgoing and incoming moves are grouped together for the computation of the availability plan. In other words, the plan is global for any products, and it does not take into account the presence of different warehouses.
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us smashing it by providing a detailed and welcomed feedback here.
- Leonardo Pistone <firstname.lastname@example.org>
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
To contribute to this module, please visit http://odoo-community.org.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size odoo8_addon_stock_picking_compute_delivery_date-220.127.116.11.0.99.dev9-py2-none-any.whl (109.6 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py2||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for odoo8_addon_stock_picking_compute_delivery_date-18.104.22.168.0.99.dev9-py2-none-any.whl