Manage the Business Requirements (stories, scenarii, gaps and test cases) for your customers
What is a Business Requirement?
A Business requirement (BR) is the expression of a business need by a customer or internal project user.
A BR contains multiple different parts to explain the stakeholder need and how to meet his/her requirements:
- Customer Story: this is the requirement as expressed by the customer
- Scenario: How/where the current solution can provide a suitable scenario to answer the customer story
- Gap: For the uncovered part of the scenario, elaborate the gap/need for specific developments/setup
- Test case: A set of conditions under which a tester will determine whether the application, software system or one of its features is working as it was originally established for it to do.
- Deliverables to be provided to the customer/user
- Resources necessary to achieve the deliverables
- Additional information (approval, cost control etc.)
This set of modules was originally designed for the service/IT industry but the requirement management design has been kept as generic as possible so that it can apply to many other cases/industries (customer or internal projects):
- Trading (New product development)
- Business Consultancy
- Web or IT development
- R&D projects
More information about business requirements management:
Business Requirement set of modules
This module is part of a set (Business Requirements repo).
The base Business Requirements module creates the basic objects and can be used as a standalone module.
Multiple modules integrate the BR with other business areas, such as Sales, Procurement, Project or Analytic Accounting. For example:
- Sales Quotation can have an estimation supported by a BR analysis
- Project Tasks can be related to the BRs they implement or support
- Procurement and purchase can be generated out of the BR
The following workflow explains the business workflow between the BR modules and other applications in Odoo:
How to use this module?
This module only contains the standard base models for business requirement:
- BR model definition
- Standard setup and views
- Standard Workflow
- Business Requirement User: can create and confirm a BR
- Business Requirement Manager: can create, confirm and approve a BR
Alias and emails
You can setup an alias in Settings/Technical/Email/Alias in order to create business requirements directly from email received at a specific address.
You can start conversation with the followers in the chatter area of the BR like in tasks, issue or CRM leads.
Default numbering format: BR123456.
You can modify the default numbering sequence in Settings/Technical/Sequences&Identifier/Sequences.
Search for Business Requirement sequence and alter it if necessary.
You can define a master project linked to the business requirement.
Followers from the project will automatically be added to the business requirements.
Define the header information
- Master Project (Partner is the one related to the master project)
- Priority (low, Medium, High)
- Change request: Is it a change request? (currently only informational with n model or action)
- Tags: any relevant tag for the business.
- Owner and approver by default
Input the customer story, scenario gap and test case(simple html editor with image and text)
Confirm the Business requirement (for BR User and Manager) At that stage the Customer story/Scenario/Gap/Test case is not modifiable anymore
Approve the Business requirement (for BR Manager)
Once your requirement is finished and delivered you can set it as Done
Alternatively, you can cancel the BR (in case it is not relevant or mistake) or drop it (when customer makes the decision to discontinue it)
Known issues / Roadmap
- Multi-company management
- Full change request management
- Analytic account management
- Complex relationship management
- Integration with earned-value module.
- Improve the followers details (eg: depending on the stages)
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us smashing it by providing a detailed and welcomed feedback.
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
To contribute to this module, please visit https://odoo-community.org.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|odoo9_addon_business_requirement-126.96.36.199.0.99.dev13-py2-none-any.whl (686.8 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||py2||Apr 11, 2017|