Creates OpenDocument Spreadsheets with charts for Microsoft Excel and OpenOffice
ODSCharts For Microsoft Excel And OpenOffice
ODSCharts creates Opendocument spreadsheets (*.ods files) with scatter charts that either Microsoft Excel or OpenOffice can open and manipulate.
See the Code at: https://github.com/sonofeft/ODSCharts
See the Docs at: http://odscharts.readthedocs.org/en/latest/
See PyPI page at:https://pypi.python.org/pypi/odscharts
ODSCharts will create ods files readable by either Microsoft Excel or OpenOffice.
The format is a very narrow subset of full spreadsheet support. There is no attempt to supply a full API interface:
#. All sheets contain either a table of numbers or a chart object - A table of numbers: - starts at "A1" - row 1 is labels - row 2 is units - row 3 through N is float or string entries - Chart objects are scatter plots - Each series is a column from a table - Each x axis is a column from a table
Click images to see full size
What I Think I Know
- Matplotlib is very good when you want to publish a chart without the data.
- Spreadsheets are very good when you want to publish both the chart and the data.
- Python is a great general-purpose programming language for science and engineering
- Therefore the world needs a cross-platform, open-source, python solution to generate cross-platform, open-source spreadsheet files.
What I Know About ODS
- *.ods files are cross-platform, open-source spreadsheet files.
- OpenOffice reads *.ods files created by Excel much better than Excel reads *.ods files created by OpenOffice.
- Excel *.ods files are more simple than OpenOffice *.ods files (Excel only partially supports ods)
- It makes sense to reverse-engineer Excel-generated *.ods files as cross-platform, open-source spreadsheet files.
- ODSCharts generates *.ods files by reverse-engineering *.ods files created by Excel.
That’s It… That’s how ODSCharts was born.
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|odscharts-0.0.11.win32.exe (429.3 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Windows Installer||any|
|odscharts-0.0.11.zip (104.7 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None|