Creates OpenDocument Spreadsheets with charts for Microsoft Excel and OpenOffice
ODSCharts For Microsoft Excel And OpenOffice
ODSCharts creates Opendocument spreadsheets (*.ods files) with scatter charts that either Microsoft Excel or OpenOffice can open and manipulate.
See the Code at: https://github.com/sonofeft/ODSCharts
See the Docs at: http://odscharts.readthedocs.org/en/latest/
See PyPI page at:https://pypi.python.org/pypi/odscharts
ODSCharts will create ods files readable by either Microsoft Excel or OpenOffice.
The format is a very narrow subset of full spreadsheet support. There is no attempt to supply a full API interface:
#. All sheets contain either a table of numbers or a chart object - A table of numbers: - starts at "A1" - row 1 is labels - row 2 is units - row 3 through N is float or string entries - Chart objects are scatter plots - Each series is a column from a table - Each x axis is a column from a table
Click images to see full size
What I Think I Know
- Matplotlib is very good when you want to publish a chart without the data.
- Spreadsheets are very good when you want to publish both the chart and the data.
- Python is a great general-purpose programming language for science and engineering
- Therefore the world needs a cross-platform, open-source, python solution to generate cross-platform, open-source spreadsheet files.
What I Know About ODS
- *.ods files are cross-platform, open-source spreadsheet files.
- OpenOffice reads *.ods files created by Excel much better than Excel reads *.ods files created by OpenOffice.
- Excel *.ods files are more simple than OpenOffice *.ods files (Excel only partially supports ods)
- It makes sense to reverse-engineer Excel-generated *.ods files as cross-platform, open-source spreadsheet files.
- ODSCharts generates *.ods files by reverse-engineering *.ods files created by Excel.
That’s It… That’s how ODSCharts was born.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, Size & Hash SHA256 Hash Help||File Type||Python Version||Upload Date|
(429.3 kB) Copy SHA256 Hash SHA256
|Windows Installer||any||Oct 8, 2015|
(104.7 kB) Copy SHA256 Hash SHA256
|Source||None||Oct 8, 2015|