Creates OpenDocument Spreadsheets with charts for Microsoft Excel and OpenOffice
Creates Opendocument Spreadsheets With Charts For Microsoft Excel And Openoffice
See the Code at: https://github.com/sonofeft/ODSCharts
See the Docs at: http://odscharts.readthedocs.org/en/latest/
See PyPI page at:https://pypi.python.org/pypi/odscharts
ODSCharts will create ods files readable by either Microsoft Excel or OpenOffice.
The format is a very narrow subset of full spreadsheet support. There is no attempt to supply a full API interface:
#. All sheets contain either a table of numbers or a chart object - A table of numbers: - starts at "A1" - row 1 is labels - row 2 is units - row 3 through N is float or string entries - Chart objects are scatter plots - Each series is a column from a table - Each x axis is a column from a table
What I Know About ODF
- Matplotlib is very good when you want to publish a chart without the data.
- Spreadsheets are very good when you want to publish both the chart and the data.
- I got motivated to make a cross-platform, open-source, python solution to generate *.odf files.
- OpenOffice reads *.odf files created by Excel much better than Excel reads *.odf files created by OpenOffice.
- Excel *.odf files are more simple than OpenOffice *.odf files (Excel only partially supports odf)
- ODSCharts generates *.odf files by reverse-engineering *.odf files created by Excel.
That’s It… That’s pretty much all I know.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.