Microsoft Azure Command-Line Tools VM Command Module
Microsoft Azure CLI ‘vm’ Command Module
This package is for the ‘vm’ module. i.e. ‘az vm’
- [New Command Group]. image template: added image builder support via image template. These commands are in preview.
- vm create: can now create a vm from a managed image with data-disk luns that do not start from 0 or that skip numbers. Does not assume data-disk lun from the number of data disks in source managed image.
- vm create: Added –computer-name for setting a vm’s computer name.
- vm/vmss create: –ssh-key-value renamed to –ssh-key-values and can now accept multiple ssh public key values or paths. Note: this is not a breaking change. –ssh-key-value will be parsed correctly as it matches only –ssh-key-values
- ppg create: –type, the proximity placement group type, is now optional.
- vmss update: add –protect-from-scale-in and –protect-from-scale-set-actions to enable updates to the protection policy of VMSS VM instances.
- vmss update: add –instance-id to enable generic update of VMSS VM instances.
- vmss wait: add –instance-id.
- [new command group] ppg: add ppg create / delete / list / show / update for managing Proximity Placement Groups.
- ppg: add –ppg to vm create, vmss create and vm availability-set create
- image create: expose –hyper-v-generation parameter.
- vm/vmss stop: expose –skip-shutdown. If used, the VM will be powered-off without shutting down. This is helpful if a VM crashes and/or cannot properly shutdown.
- sig image-version create: expose –storage-account-type. Can now set the publishing profile’s general storage account type to Standard_LRS or Standard_ZRS
- sig image-version create: –target-regions updated to allow for setting region-specific storage account types
- Minor fixes
- Added image update command.
- vm create: Fixed issue where –accelerated-networking was not enabled by default for Ubuntu 18.0.
- vm list-skus: Allow use of –all in place of –all true
- Add vmss run-command [invoke / list / show]
- vmss encryption enable: Fixed bug where command fails if it was ran previously.
- Moving az identity command tree to azure-cli-role.
- Minor fixes
- vm encryption enable: now validates –disk encryption keyvault and that key encryption keyvault exists, in line with vmss encryption enable. Exposes –force. For more info: see issues #8111 and #8110
- ‘vm disk/unmanaged-disk’ and ‘vmss disk’: parameter options are more consistent.
- vm/vmss create: support cross tenant image referencing.
- vm diagnostics get-default-config –windows-os: fix bug in windows os default config.
- vmss extension set: expose –provision-after-extensions. It defines what extensions must be provisioned before the extension being set.
- sig image-version update: expose –replica-count for setting the default replication count.
- disk create: expose –os-type parameter.
- image create –source: fixed bug where source os disk is mistaken for a VM with the same name, even if the full resource ID is provided.
- vm identity remove: does not crash if the specified vm has no assigned managed service identities.
- vm extension show / wait: deprecated –expand parameter.
- vm restart: Added –force which redeploys unresponsive VMs.
- vm/vmss create: –authentication-type now accepts/infers “all” to create a VM with both password and ssh authentication.
- image create: Added –os-disk-caching parameter to set os disk caching for an image.
- vm/vmss create –storage-sku: can now specify the storage account sku for managed os and data disks separately.
- sig image-version: Version names now consistently specified by –image-version -e. –image-version-name deprecated.
- vm/vmss create –ephemeral-os-disk: exposed parameter to create a vm/vmss with a local os disk.
- snapshot create/update: Added support for –no-wait.
- snapshot: Added wait command.
- vm/vmss extension set –extension-instance-name: can now specify the instance name of an extension.
- image create: expose storage-sku argument for setting the image’s default storage account type
- vm resize: fix bug where –no-wait option causes command to crash
- vm encryption show: table output format shows status
- vm secret format: requires json/jsonc output. Warns user and defaults to json output if an undesired output format is selected.
- vm create –image: improved validation of image argument
- vm/vmss create: enforce disk caching mode be None for Lv/Lv2 series of machines
- vm create: update supported size list supporting networking accelerator
- disk update: expose strong typed arguments for ultrassd iops and mbps configs
- Fix SDK issue that caused Homebrew installation to fail.
- az disk grant-access: fix the empty “accessSas” field
- vmss create: reserve large enough frontend port range to handle overprovisioning
- az sig: fix update commands, support –no-wait on managing image versions
- vm list-ip-addresses: now shows availability zone of public IP addresses.
- az vmvmss disk attach: default disk’s lun to the first available spot
- support shared image gallery through az sig.
- vm/vmss identity show: exception handling to exit with code 3 upon a missing resource for consistency
- vm create: deprecate –storage-caching option.
- vm list-skus: add a few common filters to make the command easier to use
- availability set: support list by subscription
- vm/vmss: support StandardSSD_LRS
- vm/vmss: support application security group on creating VM scale set
- BREAKING CHANGE: vm/vmss create, vm/vmss identity assign/remove will output user assigned identities
- in dictionary format
- Consuming multi api azure.mgmt.authorization package for azure stack support
- BREAKING CHANGE: update vmss create to use Standard_DS1_v2 as the default instance size
- BREAKING CHANGE: ‘show’ commands log error message and fail with exit code of 3 upon a missing resource.
- vm/vmss extension set/delete: Added –no-wait support.
- Added vm extension wait.
- msi: support removing system assigned identity
- vm create: refine vm size check for accelerated networking support
- vmss create: warn about the default vm size will be switched from “Standard_D1_v2” to “Standard_DS1_v2”
- vm/vmss extension set: Expose –force-update flag to update the extension even when the configuration has not changed.
- vm list-skus: make sure we have fixed columns; warn about Tier and “Size” columns will be removed
- vm create: support –accelerated-networking
- vm/vmss extension image list: absorb 404 when an image type is not found
- identity create: support –tags
- BREAKING CHANGE: remove –write-accelerator from vm create. The same support
- can be accessed through vm update or vm disk attach
- vm/vmss extension: fix an incorrect extension image matching logic
- vm create: expose –boot-diagnostics-storage to capture boot log
- vm/vmss update: expose –license-type
- vm/vmss: use PATCH for updating identities
- vm: fix an invalid detection logic on unmanaged blob uri
- vm: support disk encryption w/o user provided service principals
- BREAKING CHANGE: do not use VM ‘ManagedIdentityExtension’ for MSI support
- vmss: support eviction policy
- BREAKING CHANGE: remove erroneous argument of ids from vm extension list,
- vm secret list, vm unmanaged-disk list and vmss nic list
- vm: support write accelerator
- vmss: expose az vmss perform-maintenance
- vm diagnostics set: detect VM’s OS type reliably
- vm resize: check if the requested size is different than currently set and update only on change
- vmss create: support to configure platform fault domain count
- vmss create: default to Standard LB for zonal, large or single-placement-group disabled scale-set
- BREAKING CHANGE: vm assign-identity, vm remove-identity: Deprecated commands have been removed.
- BREAKING CHANGE: vm format-secret: Deprecated command has been removed.
- vm create: support configure Public-IP sku
- vm create: support configure Public-IP SKU
- vm secret format: Added extra validation. Added –keyvault and –resource-group to support scenarios
- where the command is unable to resolve the vault ID. [#5718](https://github.com/Azure/azure-cli/issues/5718)
- vm/vmss create: emit out a better error if resource group’s location has no zone support
- sdist is now compatible with wheel 0.31.0
- vmss create: warn on upcoming breaking changes on default balancer for scaleset with 100+ instances
- vm snapshot/image: support zone resilient
- vmss: report better encryption status through disk instance view
- BC: az vm extension delete no longer returns output as expected for a delete command.
- vm/vmss create: support to attach unmanaged data disks and configure their caching modes
- vm/vmss: author managed identity commands identity assign/remove/show, and deprecate assign-identity/remove-identity
- vmss create: default priority to None
- Support Autorest 3.0 based SDKs
- vmss instance update: support attach/detach disks on an individual instance
- Support Autorest 3.0 based SDKs
- vm encryption: avoid the crash when vm encryption setting might not be fully initialized
- msi: output principal id on enabling system assigned identity
- vm boot-diagnostic: fix the broken get log command
- vm image: support accept market terms to use vm images
- vm/vmss create: ensure commands can run under proxy with unsigned certificates.
- vmss:(PREVIEW) support low priority
- vm/vmss create - –admin-password updated to type secureString.
- vmss:(PREVIEW) cross zone support
- vmss:(BREAKING CHANGE)single zone scale-set will default to “Standard” load balancer instead of “Basic”
- vm/vmss: use right term of “userAssignedIdentity” for EMSI
- vm: (PREVIEW) support os disk swap
- vm: support use image from other subscriptions
- vmss: ensure app-gateway has a name when defaults to it for large scalesets
- VM/VMSS: (Preview) support user assigned identity
- Minor fixes
- Minor fixes
- show zone information on az vm list-skus -otable
- Update the storage multiapi package reference
- vmss create: fix a bug that blocks using Basic tier of VM sizes
- vm/vmss create: expose plan arguments for using custom images with billing informations
- vm : support vm secret add/remove/list
- vm : vm format-secret is copied to vm secret format. The old one will be removed in future
- Minor fixes.
- vm encryption enable: expose ‘–encrypt-format’
- vmss create: expose ‘–accelerated-networking’
- vm show: fix a bug when using ‘-d’ crashes on missing private ip addresses
- vmss create: (PREVIEW) support rolling upgrade
- vm encryption enable: allow updating encryption settings by rerunning the command
- vm create: expose –os-disk-size-gb
- vmss create: expose –license-type for windows os
- vm/vmss/disk create: support availability zone
- vmss create: Fixed issue where supplying –app-gateway ID would fail.
- vm create: Added –asgs support.
- vm run-command: support to run commands on remote VMs
- vmss encryption: (PREVIEW) support vmss disk encryptions
- vm perform-maintenance: support to perform maintenance on a vm
- msi: don’t assign access unless –scope is provided
- msi: use the same extension naming as portal does
- msi: remove the useless subscription from the vm/vmss create commands output
- vm/vmss create: fix a bug that the storage sku is not applied on data disks coming with an image
- vm format-secret: Fix issue where –secrets would not accept newline-separated IDs.
- vmss get-instance-view: Fix issue where extra, erroneous information was displayed when using –instance-id *
- vmss create: Added support for –lb-sku
- vm/vmss create: remove human names from the admin name blacklist
- vm/vmss create: fix issue where the command would throw an error if unable to extract plan information from an image.
- vmss create: fix a crash when create a scaleset with an internal LB
- vm availability-set create: Fix issue where –no-wait argument did not work.
- availability-set: expose fault domain count on convert
- vm: expose ‘az vm list-skus’ command
- vm/vmss: support to assign identity w/o creating role assignments
- vm: apply storage sku on attaching data disks
- vm: remove default os-disk name and storage SKU when using managed disks.
- vmss: support configuring nsg
- vmss: fix a bug that dns server is not configured right.
- vm/vmss: support managed service identity
- vmss create: Fix issue where creating with existing load balancer required –backend-pool-name.
- vm image create: make datadisk’s lun start with 0
- vm/vmss: use newer api-version of “2017-03-30”
- BC: ‘sku.managed’ is removed from ‘az vm availability-set show’ (use sku.name instead)
- vmss create: add arguments –app-gateway-capacity and –app-gateway-sku.
- vm/vmss create: if –admin-password is specified for Linux images, automatically will change from SSH authentication to password without needing –authentication-type password explicitly.
- vm/vmss create: added information statements that can be shown using –debug
- vm/vmss create: added client-side validation where certain parameters were previously just ignored.
- vmss create: support public ip per instance, instance custom domain name, custom dns servers
- vm/vmss: lower thread number used for ‘vm image list –all’ to avoid exceeding the OS opened file limits
- diagnostics: Fix a typo in default Linux Diagnostic extension config
- vmss create: fix failure when running with –use-unmanaged-disk
- vm: support attaching data disks on vm create (#3644)
- Improve table output for vm/vmss commands: get-instance-view, list, show, list-usage, etc
- support configuring disk caching on attaching a managed disk (#3513)
- Support attaching existing data disks on vm create
- VM/VMSS: fixed an issue with name generation that resulted in the create commands not being idempotent.
- diagnostics: Fix incorrect Linux diagnostics default config with update for LAD v.3.0 extension
- disk: support cross subscription blob import
- disk: add –no-wait flag to disk create, update, and delete.
- disk: add az disk wait command.
- BC: disk: add confirmation prompt to az disk delete.
- vm: support license type on create
- BC: vm open-port: command always returns the NSG. Previously it returned the NIC or Subnet.
- vm: fix “vm extension list” crash if the VM has no extensions
- vmss: update arg description for ‘vmss delete-instances –instance-ids’
- vmss: hide arg ‘vmss show –ids’, which is not supposed to work because of ‘instance-id’ arg
- BC: vmss list-instance-connection-info: include instance IDs in the output
- vm/vmss diagnostics: provide protected settings samples, handle extension major version upgrade, etc.
- disk/snapshot/image: expose ‘–tags’ in the create command
- vmss: provides default for ‘–app-gateway-subnet-address-prefix’ when creating a new vnet
- vm: support configuring disk caching on attaching a managed disk
- Minor fixes.
- avail-set: make UD&FD domain counts optional
note: VM commands in sovereign clouds Please avoid managed disk related features, including the following: 1. az disk/snapshot/image 2. az vm/vmss disk 3. Inside “az vm/vmss create”, use “—use-unmanaged-disk” to avoid managed disk Other commands should work
- vm/vmss: improve the warning text when generates ssh key pairs
- vm/vmss: support create from a market place image which requires plan info(#1209)
- Fix bug with vmss update and vm availability-set update
- vmss: bug fixes on ip address handling (#2683)
- Fix #2641 (#2670)
- Update storage dependencies (#2654)
- vm: fix the bug that missing fallback default using ‘next’ (#2624)
- [Compute] Add AppGateway support to VMSS create (#2570)
- [VM/VMSS] Improved disk caching support (#2522)
- VM/VMSS: incorporate credentials validation logic used by portal (#2537)
- Add wait commands and –no-wait support (#2524)
- vm: fix distro check mechanism used by disk encryption (#2511)
- fixed typo in help text (#2519)
- [KeyVault] Command fixes (#2474)
- vm: catch more general exception on querying encryption extension status (#2498)
- vmss: support * to list instance view across vms (#2467)
- core: support setting default values for common arguments like default resource group, default web, default vm (#2414)
- no dynamic completion on vm create name (#2451)
- VM/VMSS: reuse existing extension instance name on update (#2395)
- Fix bug in vm show. (#2415)
- Add –secrets for VM and VMSS (#2212)
- Allow VM creation with specialized VHD (#2256)
- vm/vmss: move generate_ssh_keys to ‘Authentication’ group (#2296)
- GA release
- Fix vmss list-instance-connection-info naming
- Snapshot description update
- VM: fix a casing issue on check os type (#2208)
- Rev compute package to 0.33.rc1 for new API version (#2136)
- Change default VM size to Standard_DS1_v2. (#2181)
- Fix VM names in documentation. (#2183)
- vm/disk: fix bugs in detach (#2138)
- Show commands return empty string with exit code 0 for 404 responses (#2117)
- Disk encryption: Enable/Disable/Show (#2113)
- vm image: do not normalize casing on blob uri (#2126)
- vm/av-set: remove domain count defaults (#2111)
- Move acs commands from vm to acs module (#2098)
- Fix broken name or ids logic in VM/VMSS Create (#2091)
- VM list: avoid add None mac addresss (#2059)
- Use same defaults like portal (#2055)
- VM: command renaming on ‘access’ related command (#2053)
- Add –custom-data to VM and VMSS create (#2035)
- Improve the default logic on the subnets (#2000)
- Prompts for yes / no use the -y option rather than –force
- VM/VMSS: Managed Disk Support
- Enhance vm open-port command with –port and –priority parameters.
- VM: generate ssh key file if needed (#1842)
- New VM/VMSS Create (#1849)
- Fix vm doc bug #621, #519 (#1839)
- Add path expansion to file type parameters (#1827)
- Expose flags to show vm ip-address, power state (#1820)
- [ACS] Add validation for SSH key format (#1699)
- Add confirmation prompt to ‘vm delete’.
- Support Python 3.6.
- Enable Multi-Cloud VM/VMSS Create.
- [ACS] Add a table transform for acs show to match acs list.
- Fix: az vm boot-diagnostics get-boot-log key1 -> keys.value.
- Preview release.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size opal_azure_cli_vm-2.2.26-py2.py3-none-any.whl (116.1 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py2.py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size opal-azure-cli-vm-2.2.26.tar.gz (117.4 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for opal_azure_cli_vm-2.2.26-py2.py3-none-any.whl