OpenID 2.0 Relying Party Support Library with WSGI and Django support
This library helps writing OpenID applications (a.k.a relying parties). See the documentation for further usage information. Bug reports should be sent to the bugtracker. The source code is maintained on bitbucket.
The main library is entire web-framework agnostic, and requires the application to store any persistent data needed for the relying party.
The package also includes a Django authentication module, which stores all necessary data; providing a user interface for logging in is still left to the application.
Furthermore, a WSGI middleware is also included which simplifies integrating OpenID into WSGI-based web frameworks. Again, all UI aspects are left to the application.
- Fix bug in Django plugin
- Implement direct verification (Jack Bates)
- Wrap verification in verify function; deprecate authenticate()
- Introduce symbolic error codes
- Fix Python 3 incompatibilities
- Fix OpenID 1.1 incompatibilities in Django module
- Fix Django 1.3 warnings in Django module
- Support XRI resolution
- Fix Django session management
- Add WSGI middleware
- Updated Django backend: session + nonce persistency, documentation, many bug fixes
- Make openid2rp a package, move testapp into that package.
- Adding Django authentication backend (openid2rp.django)
- Fix AX requests.
- Add get_sreg. Deprecate get_username.
- Specify that response parameters are always literal QUERY_STRINGs; parse_qs results are still supported for compatibility.
- Split test application into separate file testapp.py
- Drop BeautifulSoup dependency, drop setuptools usage
- Allow applications to request specific SREG and AX values
- port to Python 3
- Fix typo in DH usage
- Add documentation to source distribution
- Drop reliance on M2Crypto
- Add dependencies to setup.py
- Switch to Sphinx
- Initial release
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.