Outdoor air quality data
Fetch outdoor air quality data from multiple resources, the system is made of the following components:
- fetching: fetches resources to create the raw material for air quality data. That material is saved to create a history and possibility to fix errors after the fact.
- data extraction: extract the data from the raw material to create data feeds.
- data reliability: determine which data source is the most reliable at any given time.
The data flow from online resource to reliable data point is broken down as follow:
- sources: online resources that provide the data, polled at regular interval and cached for archive purpose
- feeds: extracted data from sources, feeds are saved as time series in a database
- datapoint: extracted from feeds using an election algorithm to provide the most reliable data
The default local configuration file is okqconfig.py, this can be changed using the environment variable OKQ_CONFMODULE. The okqconfig.py file should define a dict called settings, this dict can be used to overwrite any configuration option defined in the global_settings of openkongqi.conf.
Each station needs to be attached to a unique identier, a station identifier is of the following formats:
CC/STATION CC/CITY/STATION CC/STATE/CITY/STATION
The following fragments compose the UUID:
- CC: country code - a two letter country code as defined by ISO 3166-1 alpha-2, mandatory.
- STATE: state name - state name
- CITY: city name - city name
- STATION: stations name - station name, mandatory.
All names have to be expressed in Uppercase or lowercase or numeric latin letters.
Make sure the lxml package is installed, on debian:
$ apt-get install python-lxml
Install the code:
$ pip install -U pip $ pip install pip-tools $ pip-sync requirements.txt
Install development environment:
$ pip install -r requirements-dev.txt
Create necessary database & tables:
(openkongqi)$ python -c "import openkongqi.bin; openkongqi.bin.okq_init()"
(openkongqi)$ python openkongqi/bin.py worker --loglevel=debug --concurrency=1 --autoreload -B
Test the package:
$ python -m unittest discover
Automatic testing in various environments:
To update the version of the package, use the following command:
$ bumpr -b -p
$ python setup.py sdist bdist_wheel
$ twine upload dist/* $ twine upload -r pypi dist/*
Kōngqì (空气) is the Chinese word for air/atmosphere.
This software is licensed under the Apache License 2.0. See the LICENSE file in the top distribution directory for the full license text.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size openkongqi-0.2.2-py2.py3-none-any.whl (32.3 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py2.py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size openkongqi-0.2.2.tar.gz (21.8 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for openkongqi-0.2.2-py2.py3-none-any.whl