Outdoor air quality data
Fetch outdoor air quality data from multiple resources, the system is made of the following components:
- fetching: fetches resources to create the raw material for air quality data. That material is saved to create a history and possibility to fix errors after the fact.
- data extraction: extract the data from the raw material to create data feeds.
- data reliability: determine which data source is the most reliable at any given time.
The data flow from online resource to reliable data point is broken down as follow:
- sources: online resources that provide the data, polled at regular interval and cached for archive purpose
- feeds: extracted data from sources, feeds are saved as time series in a database
- datapoint: extracted from feeds using an election algorithm to provide the most reliable data
The default local configuration file is okqconfig.py, this can be changed using the environment variable OKQ_CONFMODULE. The okqconfig.py file should define a dict called settings, this dict can be used to overwrite any configuration option defined in the global_settings of openkongqi.conf.
Each station needs to be attached to a unique identier, a station identifier is of the following formats:
CC/STATION CC/CITY/STATION CC/STATE/CITY/STATION
The following fragments compose the UUID:
- CC: country code - a two letter country code as defined by ISO 3166-1 alpha-2, mandatory.
- STATE: state name - state name
- CITY: city name - city name
- STATION: stations name - station name, mandatory.
All names have to be expressed in Uppercase or lowercase or numeric latin letters.
Make sure the lxml package is installed, on debian:
$ apt-get install python-lxml
Install the code:
$ pip install -U pip $ pip install pip-tools $ pip-sync requirements.txt
Install development environment:
$ pip install -r requirements-dev.txt
Create necessary database & tables:
(openkongqi)$ python -c "import openkongqi.bin; openkongqi.bin.okq_init()"
(openkongqi)$ python openkongqi/bin.py worker --loglevel=debug --concurrency=1 --autoreload -B
Test the package:
$ python -m unittest discover
Automatic testing in various environments:
To update the version of the package, use the following command:
$ bumpr -b -m
$ python setup.py sdist bdist_wheel
$ twine upload dist/* $ twine upload -r pypi dist/*
Kōngqì (空气) is the Chinese word for air/atmosphere.
This software is licensed under the Apache License 2.0. See the LICENSE file in the top distribution directory for the full license text.
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|openkongqi-0.1.8-py2.py3-none-any.whl (30.3 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||py2.py3|
|openkongqi-0.1.8.tar.gz (19.6 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None|