A collection of Operations Research Models & Methods
Operations Research Models & Methods (ORMM) is inspired by Paul A. Jensen’s Excel Add-ins. His Excel packages were last updated in 2011, and while I believe they do still work, his work may become outdated in a couple of ways:
- Excel is not as commonly used for OR, except in settings where security is of the utmost concern and/or modern languages like Python, R, Julia, C, C++, MATLAB, AMPL, or other modeling software are not available.
- While his website and packages are still available here, some sections are/may become unusable. The animations rely on Flash, which is being phased out in google chrome and other web browsers.
This python package aims to accomplish some of the same goals as Paul Jensen’s website and add-ins did, mainly to
- Be an educational tool that shows how abstract models (linear programs, integer programs, nonlinear programs, etc.) can be applied to real-life scenarios to solve complex problems.
- Help the practitioner by providing modeling frameworks, methods for solving these models, and problem classes so a user can more easily see how they may be able to frame their business problem/objective through the lens of Operations Research.
This repository contains subpackages for grouping the different types of OR Models & Methods. Currently this subpackage list includes
- mathprog: A subpackage for mathematical programs, including linear programs and mixed integer linear programs.
- markov: A subpackage for discrete state markov analysis.
- network: A subpackage for network models and methods, including the transportation and shortest path tree problems.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size ormm-0.1.0.tar.gz (53.4 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size ormm-0.1.0-py3-none-any.whl (29.6 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View|