Python wrapper for the ORTHPOL package
This is the orthpol package. It is a frontend to the Fortran package orthpol written by W Gautschi .
 Gautschi, W. (1994). Algorithm 726: ORTHPOL–a package of routines for generating orthogonal polynomials and Gauss-type quadrature rules. ACM Transactions on Mathematical Software (TOMS), 20(1), 21–62. doi:10.1145/174603.174605
The package depends on a C++ porting of the Fortran library orthpol. Thus both C++ and Fortran compilers must be installed on the machine. The code is tested using the GCC compiler suite or clang for the compilation and linking of C++ code, and the gfortran compiler for the Fortran part of the code.
Make sure to have an up-to-date version of pip:
$ pip install –upgrade pip
Automatically install the software using the command:
$ pip install orthpol
If this doesn’t work, the package can be manually downloaded and installed through the following procedure:
$ cd <download_dir>
$ pip download orthpol
$ tar xzf orthpol-X.X.X.tar.gz
$ cd orthpol-X.X.X
$ python setup.py install
- Initial python porting (working only for python 2.x)
- Porting to python 3.x and back compatibility with python 2.x
- Automated installation through pip
- Bug fix
- Improved install script.
- Fixed bug in Py_polyeval. Access to data is now done only through PyArray_GETPTR macros.
- Added function to compute monomial coefficients