Open vSwitch Mnipulation Library
Open vSwitch Library written in Python
- Get(name, uuid, port)
- Get(name, uuid, vlan)
- Add(with VLAN)
pip install ovspy
Configure Open vSwitch Manager
This library manipulate Open vSwitch by access OVSDB
You need to configure OVSDB manager port to manipulate OVSDB by TCP.
sudo ovs-vsctl set-manager ptcp:5678
import ovspy.client ovs = ovspy.client.OvsClient(5678) #Get exist all bridges #This function return list of OvsBridge instance for br in ovs.get_bridges(): print(br.get_name()) #Find bridge by bridge name #This function return OvsBridge instance #If specified bridge is not found, the function return None bridge = ovs.find_bridge("br0") print(bridge.get_name()) #Add bridge #If specified bridge is already exist, This function raise ovspy.ovs_error.Duplicate ovs.add_bridge("br1") #Delete bridge #If specified bridge is not exist, This function raise ovspy.ovs_error.NotFound ovs.del_bridge("br1")
import ovspy.client ovs = ovspy.client.OvsClient(5678) #Get Bridge instance bridge = ovs.find_bridge("br0") #Get all ports which is associate to birgde for p in bridge.get_ports(): print("%s:(%s)" % (p.get_name(), p.get_vlan_info())) #Find port by name port = bridge.find_port("p0") print(port.get_name()) #Add port(Access port) bridge.add_port("p1", 10) #Add port(Trunk port) bridge.add_port("p2") bridge.add_port("p3", ) #Add port(Trunk port with restrict vlan) bridge.add_port("p4", [10, 20]) #Delete port(Trunk port with restrict vlan) bridge.del_port("p3")
ovspy has as following class as custom exception
- Super class of custom exceptions
- The error is raise when user operation cause duplicate status(e.g. Case of try to create port with same name as existing port)
- The error is raise when user specified resource is not exist. (e.g. Case of try to delete port but the port is not existing)
- The error is raise when failed to transaction with OVSDB. (e.g. Timeout for connection)
- The error is raise when user try to unsupported operation with ovspy.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.