Subtyping framework for Plone
p4a.subtyper is a subtyping framework for Plone. In this context, subtyping means to provide additional specific types onto existing content types. An example to standard Plone would be to have only one File content type (and no Image content type). The Image content type would then become a sub-type of the File content type.
It also exposes the possible sub-types for a given object in the content menu with a sub-types dropdown menu.
See browser/browser.txt for example usage.
- Version 1.2 is for Plone 2.5, Plone 3.x or Plone 4.0
- Version 2.0 is for Plone 4.1 and up
- Update import locations and make p4a.subtyper compatible with Plone 4.3. [thet]
- Update the catalog’s object_provides index when adding / removing subtypes. [davidblewett]
- To make the uninstall script run, I made p4a.subtyper a Zope product, so it shows up in the control panel, which is necessary to find the Extensions folder, which I added and put an uninstall script into. [regebro]
- Uninstall now also removes the persistent component. [regebro]
- Added permissions include for Plone 4.1 compat [calvinhp]
- Added new versions of folderish_possible_descriptors and nonfolderish_possible_descriptors that do not consult the for_portal_type setting. [davidblewett]
- Moved folderish_possible_descriptors and nonfolderish_possible_descriptors functions to a more descriptive name to reflect their true functionality: portal_typed_*. [davidblewett]
- Show the subtype-submenu only if the object actually has subtypes and you have the permission the change it. [WouterVH]
- Avoid TypeError when checking the subtyper-view for has_possible_types, in the case that no subtypes are available. [WouterVH]
- The permissions in p4a/subtyper/configure.zcml are now changed from zope.Public to cmf.ManagePortal to prevent Anonymous subtyping [tbesluau]
- Make sure active subtypes get the proper class in the menu even with plone.app.contentmenu 2.x [davisagli]
- Fixed test setup for when running using zc.recipe.testrunner. [davisagli]
- Add MANIFEST.in [WouterVH]
- The subtypes adapter is now registered locally for Plone 3 and greater so that it does not show up in Plone sites where it is not installed. [yomatters]
- Plone4ArtistsSubtyper is no longer loaded in tests if it doesn’t exist
- There is now an uninstall method that will remove the ISubtyped marker interface from all objects.
- The way IDynamicallyViewable is imported has changes, so that p4a.subtyper can be used as a standalone egg.
- Made Plone4ArtistsSubtyper setup optional.
- Icon support for subtypes
- Unselecting a subtype after you have selected a default view that is specific for the subtype caused an error. Fixes http://www.plone4artists.org/products/plone4artistscalendar/issues/65
- Fixed status message type: type was not passed in, resulted in UI problem.
- You couldn’t unselect a subtype under Plone 2.5.
- First public release