An easy-to-use, platform-agnostic *TeX package manager
PackTeX is an easy-to-use, platform-agnostic *TeX package manager.
PackTeX lets you manage all of your *TeX packages together, in the same way, without having to worry about using different package managers depending on your system or TeX version.
PackTeX is now available from PyPI! You can instll the latest beta with:
pip install packtex –pre
Or you can build PackTeX from source by cloning this repo and running:
python setup.py install
PackTeX supports all your standard package manager commands.
- packtex list == list all installed packages and their version
- packtex show == show info about an installed package, its dependencies, etc.
- packtex install == install a package. If a filename (e.g. texrequirements.txt) is passed in, it will install all requirements from that file
- packtex uninstall == uninstall a package
- packtex reinstall == force a package reinstallation
- packtex update == update a package, if it’s out of date
- packtex freeze == freeze all package details to be exported into a requirements file
And coming soon: * packtex search == search for packages on CTAN