A command line tool to manage scientific papers.
Papr is a tool to manage and quickly access scientific papers on the command line.
- Fast search: search in the title of papers via regular expressions or trigrams.
- Notes: create notes for each paper.
- Rating of papers: rate your papers via a five star rating system.
- Tags: assign each paper different tags.
- Import from arXiv: automatically import papers with title and abstract from arXiv
You can install papr via pip:
pip install papr
## Getting started.
Papers are organized in repositories. To create a repository change into a directory where the repository should be created and type papr init. Example:
cd astro_repo papr init
This will create a directory .paper in the astro_repo directory to store metadata. All PDFs will be stored in astro_repo.
The last repository which you create with papr init is set as the default repository. If you call papr without being in a repository the default repository will be used for all operations. Otherwise, the current working directory will be used as the repository.
Fetch a paper from arXiv.org or OpenReview.net
Fetching a document from arXiv is quite easy. You just have to provide the URL of the abstract and papr will download the PDF and will automatically extract the title and abstract. Example:
papr fetch https://arxiv.org/abs/1812.07561
The same does also work for papers on OpenReview.net:
papr fetch https://openreview.net/forum?id=HkNDsiC9KQ
When you have added papers to your repository you can run papr by simply executing:
You will see your list of papers through which you can navigate.
Run papr –help for further information.
## Key shortcuts
- h: Help / List of key bindings.
- q / ESC: Quit.
- ENTER: Open the paper in a PDF reader.
- a: Show abstract for paper.
- i / Arrow up: Move selection up.
- k / Arrow down: Move selection down.
- s: Live search in title.
- r: Live search in title via regular expression.
- n: Edit notes.
- t: Edit tags.
- 0..5: Set voting.
- y: Show all stored information about a paper.
- l: Show statistics about tags.
- f: Filter (e.g. by tags).
- F: Clear filter.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size papr-0.0.18-py3-none-any.whl (26.3 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size papr-0.0.18.tar.gz (18.8 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|