A command line tool to manage scientific papers.
Papr is a tool to manage and quickly access scientific papers from the command line.
- Fast search: search in the title of papers via regular expressions.
- Notes: create notes for each paper.
- Rating of papers: rate your papers via five star rating system.
- Tags: assign each paper different tags.
You can install papr via pip:
pip install papr
Papers are organized in repositories. To create a repository change into a directory where the repository should be created and type
papr init. Example:
cd astro_repo papr init
This will create a directory
.paper in the
astro_repo directory to store metadata. All PDFs will be stored in
The last repository which you create with
papr init is set as the default repository. If you call
papr without being in a repository the default repository will be used for all operations. Otherwise, the current working directory will be used as the repository.
Fetch a paper from arXiv.org or OpenReview.net
Fetching a document from arXiv is quite easy. You just have to provide the URL of the abstract and papr will download the PDF and will automatically extract the title and abstract. Example:
papr fetch https://arxiv.org/abs/1812.07561
The same does also work for papers on OpenReview.net:
papr fetch https://openreview.net/forum?id=HkNDsiC9KQ
When you have added papers to your repository you can run papr by simply executing:
You will see your list of papers through which you can navigate.
papr --help for further information.
- h: Help / List of key bindings.
- q / ESC: Quit.
- ENTER: Open the paper in a PDF reader.
- a: Show abstract for paper.
- i / Arrow up: Move selection up.
- k / Arrow down: Move selection down.
- s: Live search in title.
- r: Live search in title via regular expression.
- n: Edit notes.
- t: Edit tags.
- 0..5: Set voting.
- y: Show all stored information about a paper.
- l: Show statistics about tags.
- f: Filter (e.g. by tags).
- F: Clear filter.
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size papr-0.0.16-py3-none-any.whl (21.5 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
|Filename, size papr-0.0.16.tar.gz (14.4 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|