Parsely slackbot is a slack custom integration that uses the Parsely API to allow realtime Slackalytics in your Slack instance.
Parsely slackbot is an open-source slack custom integration that uses the Parsely API to allow realtime Slackalytics in your Slack instance!
- Head over to the custom integrations section of your Slack team and add a “Slash Commands” integration.
- In the “command” section, put “/parsely” (without quotes..
- in the “URL” field, enter the URL your slackbot will be running on (Make sure to specify the port in the style of http://slackbot.com:6000. (The default port is 6000 for the slackbot)
- The rest of the fields can be left as their defaults (though feel free to change the name and portrait for the bot)
- on the server pointed to in #3, run:
` pip install parsely-slackbot `
and then run:
` parsely_slackbot `
The bot will generate a sample config.yaml for you, which you can then edit as necessary with your own values that you pulled above.
Note: The lightweight server shipped with Flask has worked quite well in testing for small and mid-sized teams. For larger teams (and as a best practice in general), you might want to look into a more robust WSGI server like gunicorn so as not to experience stability issues.
/parsely meta, time
/parsely posts, 10m returns top posts for last 10 minutes
/parsely sections, 1h returns top sections for last hour
/parsely tags, today returns top tags for today
for posts, you can further filter posts by specifying the meta to filter on with a colon.
/parsely posts, section: News, 1h returns top posts in the News section for the past hour
/parsely posts, tag: article, 25m returns top posts with the article tag for the past 25 minutes
please note that the metas are case sensitive and must be written exactly as they appear in the dashboard.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size parsely-slackbot-1.0.0.tar.gz (7.0 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|