A Python parser written in Python.
Parso is a Python parser that supports error recovery and round-trip parsing.
Parso has been battle-tested by jedi. It was pulled out of jedi to be useful for other projects as well.
Parso is very simplistic. It consists of a small API to parse Python and analyse the parsing tree.
pip install parso
- There will be better support for refactoring and comments. Stay tuned.
- There’s a WIP PEP8 validator. It’s however not in a good shape, yet.
- async/await are already used as keywords in Python3.6.
- from __future__ import print_function is not supported,
The test suite depends on tox and pytest:
pip install tox pytest
To run the tests for all supported Python versions:
If you want to test only a specific Python version (e.g. Python 2.7), it’s as easy as
tox -e py27
Tests are also run automatically on Travis CI.
- Guido van Rossum (@gvanrossum) for creating the parser generator pgen2 (originally used in lib2to3).
- Pulling the library out of Jedi. Some APIs will definitely change.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size parso-0.0.4-py2.py3-none-any.whl (87.2 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py2.py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size parso-0.0.4.tar.gz (150.5 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for parso-0.0.4-py2.py3-none-any.whl