A Python Parser
Parso is a Python parser that supports error recovery and round-trip parsing for different Python versions (in multiple Python versions). Parso is also able to list multiple syntax errors in your python file.
Parso has been battle-tested by jedi. It was pulled out of jedi to be useful for other projects as well.
Parso consists of a small API to parse Python and analyse the syntax tree.
A simple example:
>>> import parso >>> module = parso.parse('hello + 1', version="3.6") >>> expr = module.children >>> expr PythonNode(arith_expr, [<Name: hello@1,0>, <Operator: +>, <Number: 1>]) >>> print(expr.get_code()) hello + 1 >>> name = expr.children >>> name <Name: hello@1,0> >>> name.end_pos (1, 5) >>> expr.end_pos (1, 9)
To list multiple issues:
>>> grammar = parso.load_grammar() >>> module = grammar.parse('foo +\nbar\ncontinue') >>> error1, error2 = grammar.iter_errors(module) >>> error1.message 'SyntaxError: invalid syntax' >>> error2.message "SyntaxError: 'continue' not properly in loop"
pip install parso
- There will be better support for refactoring and comments. Stay tuned.
- There’s a WIP PEP8 validator. It’s however not in a good shape, yet.
- async/await are already used as keywords in Python3.6.
- from __future__ import print_function is not ignored.
- Guido van Rossum (@gvanrossum) for creating the parser generator pgen2 (originally used in lib2to3).
- Salome Schneider for the extremely awesome parso logo.
- Fix async errors in the diff parser
- A fix in iter_errors
- This is a very small bugfix release
- 20+ bugfixes in the diff parser and 3 in the tokenizer
- A fuzzer for the diff parser, to give confidence that the diff parser is in a good shape.
- Some bugfixes for f-string
- Bugfixes in the diff parser and keyword-only arguments
- Rewrote the pgen2 parser generator.
- A bugfix for the diff parser.
- Grammar files can now be loaded from a specific path.
- f-strings are now parsed as a part of the normal Python grammar. This makes it way easier to deal with them.
- Fixed a few bugs in the caching layer
- Added support for Python 3.7
- Pulling the library out of Jedi. Some APIs will definitely change.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
Hashes for parso-0.3.3-py2.py3-none-any.whl