LDAP Plugin for Zope2 PluggableAuthService (users and groups)
It provides users and/or groups from an LDAP Directory. It works in a plain Zope2 even if it depends on PlonePAS. If Plone is installed an integration layer with a setup-profile and a plone-controlpanel page is available.
pas.plugins.ldap is not releated to the old LDAPUserFolder/ LDAPMultiPlugins and the packages stacked on top of it in any way.
It is based on node.ext.ldap, an almost framework independent ldap stack.
For now users and groups can’t be added or deleted. But properties on both are read/write. See section TODO.
Add to the instance section of your buildout:
eggs = ... pas.plugins.ldap zcml = ... pas.plugins.ldap
Run buildout. Restart Zope.
Then got to your acl_users folder and add an LDAP-Plugin. Configure it using the settings form and activate its features with the activate tab.
Add to the instance section of your buildout:
eggs = ... pas.plugins.ldap
Run buildout. Restart Plone.
Then go to the Plone control-panel, select extensions and install the LDAP Plugin. A new LDAP Settings icon appear on the left. Click it and configure the plugin there.
To use an own integration-profile, just add to the profiles metadata.xml file:
... <dependencies> ... <dependency>profile-pas.plugins.ldap.plonecontrolpanel:default</dependency> </dependencies> ...
Additionally ldap settings can be exported and imported with portal_setup. You can place the exported ldapsettings.xml in your integration profile, so it will be imported with your next install again. Attention: The ldap-password is in there in plain text!
If you want to help with the development (improvement, update, bug-fixing, …) of pas.plugins.ldap this is a great idea!
The code is located in the github collective.
You can clone it or get access to the github-collective and work directly on the project.
Maintainers are Robert Niederreiter, Jens Klein and the BlueDynamics Alliance developer team. We appreciate any contribution and if a release is needed to be done on pypi, please just contact one of us dev@bluedynamics dot com
- Jens W. Klein <jens [at] bluedynamics [dot] com>
- Robert Niederrreiter <rnix [at] squarewave [dot] at>
- Florian Friesdorf <flo [at] chaoflow [dot] net>
- Daniel Widerin <email@example.com>
see also ‘Issue-Tracker <https://github.com/collective/pas.plugins.ldap/issues>`_
- remove portrait monkey patch
- add/delete users
- add/delete groups
- add flags for readonly groups and users
- modes for only groups or only users from ldap
- group in group (depends on: node.ext.ldap: group.groups support)
- roles from ldap
node.ext.ldap/src/node/ext/ldap/session.py:51: UnicodeWarning: Unicode equal comparison failed to convert both arguments to Unicode - interpreting them as being unequal if queryFilter in ('', u'', None):
- ldap errors dont block that much if ldap is not reachable, timeout blocked in past the whole zope. now default timeout for retry is 300s - and some code cleanup [jensens]
- use more modern base for testing [jensens]
- Add URL example to widget help information how to specify an ldap uri. [saily]
- Add new bootstrap v2 [saily]
- sometimes ldap returns an empty string as portrait. take this as no portrait. [jensens, 2013-09-11]
- because of passwordreset problem we figured out that pas searchUsers calls plugins search with both login and name, which was passed to ugm and returned always an empty result [benniboy]
- make it work.
- base work done so far in bda.pasldap and bda.plone.ldap was merged.
Copyright (c) 2010-2013, BlueDynamics Alliance, Austria, Germany, Switzerland All rights reserved.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
- Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
- Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
- Neither the name of the BlueDynamics Alliance nor the names of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY BlueDynamics Alliance AS IS AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL BlueDynamics Alliance BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.