Plone PAS plugin to create virtual groups based on member properties
Plone PAS plugin to create virtual groups based on member properties.
The main use case are organisations that have an existing LDAP infrastructure that organises groups through member properties instead of LDAP groups.
If you have a vanilla Plone site without LDAP, you most likely do not need this plugin.
- Create virtual groups based on member properties
- Create multiple virtual groups based member properties
- Create virtual group based on a member properties prefix
- Grant local permissions based on virtual member properties groups
Add pas.plugins.memberpropertytogroup to the Plone installation using
pip install pas.plugins.memberpropertytogroup
or add it as a dependency on your package's
install_requires = [ "pas.plugins.memberpropertytogroup", "Plone", "plone.restapi", "setuptools", ],
Start Plone and activate the plugin in the addons control-panel.
Source Code and Contributions
If you want to help with the development (improvement, update, bug-fixing, ...) of
pas.plugins.memberpropertytogroup this is a great idea!
We appreciate any contribution and if a release is needed to be done on PyPI, please just contact one of us.
You need a working
python environment (system, virtualenv, pyenv, etc) version 3.7 or superior.
Then install the dependencies and a development instance using:
To run tests for this package:
By default we use the latest Plone version in the 6.x series.
Developed by kitconcept
Icon by FamFamFam
The project is licensed under the GPLv2.
- Timo Stollenwerk
- Jens Klein
- Víctor Fernández de Alba
- Carsten Senger
- Érico Andrei
Initial i18n support [ericof]
Implement control panel via plone.restapi [ericof]
Adapt control panel to Bootstrap 5 [ericof]
Use plone/code-analysis-action@v2 as basis for code-analysis in GitHub Actions [ericof]
Tests now use pytest instead of unittest [ericof]
Drop support to Plone 5.2 [ericof]
Drop support to Python 3.7 [ericof]
- Fix property matching. [ericof]
- Property matching now supports '*' both in the start and in the end of the value. [ericof]
Plone 5.2 compatibility. [timo]
Drop Python 2, Plone < 5.2 compatibility. [ericof]
Implement package uninstall (#12). [ericof]
Plone 5.1 compatibility. [timo]
Make plugins (by default inactive)
getGroupMemberspluggable, so that integrators may provide its own utility providing new
IGetGroupMembersinterface promising to return the actual group members. [jensens]
- Identical to 1.0a7. [timo]
- Control panel markup and JS refactoring. [sneridagh]
- Plone 3 compatibility fixes. [csenger]
Fix js to work with Plone 3. [csenger]
Move add/remove buttons in controlpanel above the save/cancel buttons. [csenger]
- Add upgrade step for registry entries that have been added in 1.0a3. [timo]
- New feature: As administrator I can create a group based on multiple member properties. [sneridagh]
Fix Scenario: As administrator I can create a group based on member properties prefixes [jensens]
Ignore empty lines in controlpanel input. [jensens]
- Initial release. [timo, jensens]
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
Hashes for pas.plugins.memberpropertytogroup-3.0.0.tar.gz
Hashes for pas.plugins.memberpropertytogroup-3.0.0-py3-none-any.whl