Put IP addresses from PCAP on map
Place IP's from PCAP on world map
This package enables a user to specify a network traffic file (i.e. a packet capture or .pcap file), extract the IP addresses from that file, geo-locate those addresses using a built-in database, and then place those IP's on a world map (a .png file).
- The geolocation is done via a database provided by IP2Location.com. The database is included as part of the package.
- Only public IP's are extracted
- Typical runtime is 10 seconds for a small .pcap file
- There are many pre-existing packages that geo-locate IP's but none that extract IP's from a .pcap. pcap2map solves the latter problem
- pcap2map was written to be cross-platform
- pcap2map was written with Python 3.7
- Wireshark - pyshark, a Python packet parsing module, relies on Wireshark. Wireshark download instructions can be found here
- orca - The visualization and mapping of the geo-located IP addresses relies on plotly, to include a package called orca. Orca ownload instructions can be found here
git clone https://github.com/jspeed-meyers/pcap2map pip install -r requirements.txt
via PYPI (still under construction):
pip install pcap2map
Note on Docker: Not currently available. The current Dockerfile file does not work.
after dowloading from github:
cd pcap2map\src\pcap2map pcap2map.py [filepath\filename] # Additionally, you can build and install the package cd pcap2map python setup.py sdist bdist_wheel python setup.py install python -m pcap2map -h # for help python -m pcap2map [filename]
after downloading from pip (still under construction):
python -m pcap2map -h # for help python -m pcap2map [filename]
after downloading from github:
cd pcap2map\src\pcap2map pytest
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size pcap2map-0.0.1-py3-none-any.whl (16.9 MB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size pcap2map-0.0.1.tar.gz (16.6 MB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|