Generate PCAPs by simulating HTTP/FTP/SMTP/IMAP. A modified version of PGT tools.
Pcapgen PCAP Generation Suite
pgtlib is a wrapper built on top of Scapy to provide additional flexibility to create custom TCP client<->server packet captures. This module would also provide functionality to prefix 3-way TCP Handshake and close established connections gracefully.
Let's say over TCP/5555, you would like to send "----> hey from client\n" from client and server echoes back with a response message saying, "<---- ack data\n". Let's construct a packet based on this:
from pgtlib import * fHandle = PCAP('/tmp/tcp.pcap') # PCAP Output Filename conn = fHandle.tcp_conn_to_server(5555) # Assign dest port as TCP/5555 conn.to_server('----> hey from client\n') # Client message to server conn.to_client('<---- ack data\n') # Server message to client conn.finish() # Construct FIN here fHandle.close() # Close file handle print('[*]Done.')
PCAP Fix Tool (pft, in short) is a wrapper on top of scapy. This utility helps in resolving broken TCP communications, changing endpoint directions and ports etc. This tool takes the C Arrays input of any TCP stream, appends the missing TCP 3-Way handshakes along with adding the necessary FIN TCP flags to terminate the established TCP communication gracefully.
- Open faulty pcap and navigate to the faulty TCP stream index that you want to correct.
- View data as 'C Arrays' and export the output to any flat file e.g. /tmp/raw
- $python pft.py -p 1337 -w /tmp/raw
- This would geneate raw.pcap (currently supports PCAP format only) which would have TCP/1337 as destination port along with the end-to-end PDU data intact.
PCAP Genation Tool (pgt) is wrapper built on top of scapy again which generates simulated HTTP,FTP and Email (SMTP/IMAP) protocols data along with several encoding types i.e. base64, deflate, gzip etc.
$python pgt.py ~/Desktop/sample.docx # Generates HTTP(GET/POST), FTP(active and passive), SMTP and IMAP PCAPs.
- scapy [pip install scapy]
- python-magic [pip install python-magic]
- Major credit goes to Andrewg Felinemenace for developing this excellent utility. Those scripts can be found here
- Mine is just an add-on with some minor fixes on top of it. :)
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size pcapgen-0.3-py2-none-any.whl (11.3 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py2||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
|Filename, size pcapgen-0.3.tar.gz (9.9 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|