Update the product-definition-center in response to fedmsg
This is a backend daemon that listens to fedmsg and updates PDC with information about what it sees on the bus.
Set up a python virtualenv:
$ sudo dnf -y install python-virtualenvwrapper $ source ~/.bashrc $ mkvirtualenv pdc-updater
Setup pdc-updater and its dependencies:
$ workon pdc-updater $ pip install -r requirements.txt $ python setup.py develop
Try running the test suite:
$ pip install -r test-requirements.txt $ nosetests
Check test suite coverage:
$ pip install coverage $ nosetests --with-coverage --cover-package=pdcupdater
Getting an authentication token
- go to https://pdc.fedorainfracloud.org/ in your browser and login.
- go to https://pdc.fedorainfracloud.org/rest_api/v1/auth/token/obtain/
- open up the devtools console in your browser, and find the request for the current page.
- right click to open a context menu and select ‘copy as cURL’
- paste that into a terminal. It should have your saml cookie.
- before hitting enter, edit the command to add the following two options:
- -H 'Accept: application/json', to tell the API you want data
- --insecure, because we have a self-signed cert
- the command should print out your token.
Copy fedmsg.d/pdcupdater-example.py to fedmsg.d/pdcupdater.py and fill in your token there.
Running the fedmsg-hub
Run it for real:
Finally, you can take the dev instructions from the-new-hotness and learn how to set up a local fedmsg-relay so you can replay production messages and more fully test out pdc-updater.