PDF parser and analyzer
We fathom PDF
Pdfminer.six is a community maintained fork of the original PDFMiner. It is a tool for extracting information from PDF documents. It focuses on getting and analyzing text data. Pdfminer.six extracts the text from a page directly from the sourcecode of the PDF. It can also be used to get the exact location, font or color of the text.
It is built in a modular way such that each component of pdfminer.six can be replaced easily. You can implement your own interpreter or rendering device that uses the power of pdfminer.six for other purposes than text analysis.
Check out the full documentation on Read the Docs.
- Written entirely in Python.
- Parse, analyze, and convert PDF documents.
- PDF-1.7 specification support. (well, almost).
- CJK languages and vertical writing scripts support.
- Various font types (Type1, TrueType, Type3, and CID) support.
- Support for extracting images (JPG, JBIG2, Bitmaps).
- Support for various compressions (ASCIIHexDecode, ASCII85Decode, LZWDecode, FlateDecode, RunLengthDecode, CCITTFaxDecode)
- Support for RC4 and AES encryption.
- Support for AcroForm interactive form extraction.
- Table of contents extraction.
- Tagged contents extraction.
- Automatic layout analysis.
How to use
Install Python 3.6 or newer.
pip install pdfminer.six
(Optionally) install extra dependencies for extracting images.
pip install 'pdfminer.six[image]
Use command-line interface to extract text from pdf:
python pdf2txt.py samples/simple1.pdf
Be sure to read the contribution guidelines.
This repository includes code from
pyHanko ; the original license has been included here.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Hashes for pdfminer.six-20220524-py3-none-any.whl